Did anyone attend the Hawk watch party?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

kommodore
Seaman

Did anyone attend the Hawk watch party?

Post by kommodore »

If so, I am curious about how strict the "rules" were. The website initially said "blankets only in the outfield, and no lawn chairs, food or drink allowed on the field". Obviously, this is WAY different than 2019, where they allowed people to bring in small coolers (with food and/or drink), camping chairs, etc. (not to mention, they gave away free food and t-shirts to first 500 people each night). Later on Sunday, Vandy changed the website to say "folding chairs are allowed in outfield, but no lawn chairs" (there's a difference??), but still "no food or drink allowed on the field". Clearly I am not taking the family out to sit 3-4 hours in hot humid weather if we can't have something to drink (i.e. water) nearby.

ESPN did show a live "look-in" at the watch party, and I could definitely see camping chairs and did see quite a few water bottles (both purchased bottles, as well as personal thermal bottles), so that made it appear that maybe they were not being so strict about "drink" on the field.

Also, if someone DID attend last night, could you give me an idea about food/concessions? We have a daughter with some major food allergies, and if we can't bring in food, I need to make sure there might be something she could safely eat.

Sorry for all of the detailed questions! ANCHOR DOWN!!