SEC hate

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Wolfpack73
Petty Officer

SEC hate

Post by Wolfpack73 »

Jesus the other sec teams hate y'all. I think every fan of every other sec squad has posted on our boards.

Seems like you guys are the UNC or duke of college baseball. If you aren't a fan u can't stand them.

Incidentally I've seen a few threads about ncsu bolting the acc for the sec. Would never happen but I wouldnt mind it

Starkiller
Commander

Re: SEC hate

Post by Starkiller »

Wolfpack73 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:49 pm Jesus the other sec teams hate y'all. I think every fan of every other sec squad has posted on our boards.

Seems like you guys are the UNC or duke of college baseball. If you aren't a fan u can't stand them.

Incidentally I've seen a few threads about ncsu bolting the acc for the sec. Would never happen but I wouldnt mind it
Ha, everyone loves a winner…

Don’t worry, come football season they always love seeing us.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

There are a couple of reasons for the hate. There is a belief we illegally manipulate the scholarship rules so we have more than the NCAA allowed 11.5 (emphasis on illegally manipulate).

And then there is the "Vandy/Candy sucks in everything else, don't they know their place" gang that keeps talking about kicking us out of the SEC because we don't compete in football (at least we didn't for long periods of time since WWII, with a few short-lived exceptions).

At least that's my take on it. Without getting into the academic, private school issues.
DivergentDore
Commander

Post by DivergentDore »

People also hate having to watch our games on mute because of the whistlers
VirginiaDore
Ensign

Post by VirginiaDore »

I think the above-mentioned (but avoided) private school/academic issues have a lot to do with it. There are reams of “good ol’ boys” (and girls) in the fan bases of all the state schools, some of them alums and probably more of them sidewalk alums; relatively few such folk attend or embrace Vanderbilt. There is a perception that we are snobbish elites (socially, intellectually, economically) who look down upon “lesser” folk, the good ol’ boys and girls who historically could not get in Vandy (not that they wanted or expected to) and could not afford to go if they did. Like most stereotypes, it is an exaggeration. But also like most stereotypes, it is rooted in some degree of reality.
doubledore9603
Lieutenant

Post by doubledore9603 »

DivergentDore wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:05 pm People also hate having to watch our games on mute because of the whistlers
I'll take the whistlers any day over Rocky Top.
NateSY
Captain

Post by NateSY »

It’s mostly just the mildly insane Mississippi State fans who think they deserve to be the best team in the conference and spread lies to excuse us outperforming them over the years. There’s also quite a few Arky fans who are angry because their one consolation this year was if NC State won it all they could argue they were still the second best team. Shockingly for me, Tennessee fans have generally been pretty mild and their fan base normally hates us the most. Outside of those schools most of the guys that are taking the time to post hate about us on the NC State boards are just the small percentage of idiots all fan bases have.
dukebaseball
Seaman

Post by dukebaseball »

Vandy fans, welcome to the world of Duke basketball. Duke has been hated for years for mostly unexplained reasons. Take it for what it is, a big compliment. Duke basketball started out being loved when they first started winning big. But then when it continued the hate began to build to the point that many have an intense hatred of Duke basketball. You guys are now in the early stages. If you keep winning big it will intensify. Just enjoy it and consider yourselves complimented.

Also remember, no one hates Duke football or Vanderbilt football. If you think about that it will help you understand the hatred.
Locked Previous topicNext topic