This man should be fired

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Starkiller
Commander

Re: This man should be fired

Post by Starkiller »

historybill wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:13 am I point out now that many people on this board criticized the NC State coach for his comments about the vaccine being political. Some said he should be fired.

Now we are being told that Jay Cutler's views on the vaccine and masks are "political" and that we shouldn't criticize those views on this board.

And, unlike the NC State coach, Jay wants to be on MY school board.
His views certainly don’t qualify as political and I agree with you about his views being idiotic and harmful. And his history at Vanderbilt shouldn’t shield him from any criticism over this.

But strictly speaking if the topic is about him running for political office then that’s where they will be able to differentiate between Cutler and NC State's coach.

geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

historybill wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:13 am I point out now that many people on this board criticized the NC State coach for his comments about the vaccine being political. Some said he should be fired.

Now we are being told that Jay Cutler's views on the vaccine and masks are "political" and that we shouldn't criticize those views on this board.

And, unlike the NC State coach, Jay wants to be on MY school board.

I have no problem with criticizing Cutler's views on this board or anywhere else, but banning him from Vandy football games and such, as you seemed to do in another post, seems rather gestapo-ish.
historybill
Admiral

Post by historybill »

I never said he should be banned from Vanderbilt games.

I said that if Cutler truly does run for public office with a rejection of everything that the Vanderbilt Hospital stands for as his platform, Vanderbilt has no business honoring him at halftime or whatever or making him a fixture of the free high-profile sideline passes and thus helping him get elected. That not only isn't fair to my district, but its not fair to all the Vanderbilt doctors and nurses who were berated, charged and threatened the other night.

No halftime honorariums, no special guest stars... nothing that gives him more free publicity than he already has from being a former Vanderbilt athlete. We owe it to those doctors and nurses.

The reason I added this to the end of THIS post is to point out that only a few weeks ago, people were ripping into the NC state coach because he said that the very idea of the covid vaccine was "political." Now WE have made that exactly statement because now we are talking about a former Vanderbilt athlete here. So first we said it was garbage that anyone would say that the COVID prevention was political; now we are all going along with the idea that it IS political. Double standard depending on whether the person is an opposing person or a Vanderbilt person.
thefan
Captain

Agree with the coach

Post by thefan »

It is political and ideological. Many very reputable medical people and establishments have strongly advised against it, whether you agree or not! He should not be fired but allowed to have his opinion! My understanding is that it is the players choice.
Locked Previous topicNext topic