Saturday predictions

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Saturday predictions

Post by dallasdore »

NCState over Stanford

Vandy over AZ. Score along the lines of 6-3 to 7-2.

Let the fun begin.

dcdore
Admiral

Re: Saturday predictions

Post by dcdore »

dallasdore wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:02 pm NCState over Stanford

Vandy over AZ. Score along the lines of 6-3 to 7-2.

Let the fun begin.
Your game 1 prediction is looking good.

Hope the same for game 2
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Doresince89
Commander

Post by Doresince89 »

The ball seems to be carrying well. Hope Rocker is ready from the first pitch.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

3 Stanford errors on a fast field. NC State looks like a team capable of beating the #1 seed after getting shellacked in game 1. We will have to continue to improve.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

NC State is definitely the second best team in our bracket. They just flew under the radar for so long because they were so pathetic the first third of their season.

I never thought they could beat the hogs. But Stanford and AZ are no hogs.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

dallasdore wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:22 pm NC State is definitely the second best team in our bracket. They just flew under the radar for so long because they were so pathetic the first third of their season.

I never thought they could beat the hogs. But Stanford and AZ are no hogs.
I don't know. AZ has impressed the heck out of me so far with their bats. I'm nervous. We'll see. Rocker is usually "on" when it matters most. But I'm still nervous. The nervous nellie in me says Zona is gonna score 3-4 runs in the first 2 innings.
KarenYates
Site Admin

Post by KarenYates »

[/quote]

I don't know. AZ has impressed the heck out of me so far with their bats. I'm nervous. We'll see. Rocker is usually "on" when it matters most. But I'm still nervous. The nervous nellie in me says Zona is gonna score 3-4 runs in the first 2 innings.
[/quote]

Lord have Mercy Geez. Too bad you were right.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

Well, thank goodness I got the "7" part correct for the Dores. ;)

Tomorrow, I think both games are pretty much tossups...

Tenn over Virginia. UVa has done great this tournament when their backs were against the wall. Their backs are not against the wall yet.

Miss State over TX. This is not a 51-49. It is literally 50-50. It could go either way. But I think Miss State's top 3 hitters (Rowdey Jordan, Tanner Allen etal) will have big games.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

dallasdore wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:42 pm Well, thank goodness I got the "7" part correct for the Dores. ;)

Tenn over Virginia. UVa has done great this tournament when their backs were against the wall. Their backs are not against the wall yet.

Miss State over TX. This is not a 51-49. It is literally 50-50. It could go either way. But I think Miss State's top 3 hitters (Rowdey Jordan, Tanner Allen etal) will have big games.
Hope you are right. Hope MSU wins and tennessee wins (oh God, did I really say that?) And then MSU puts them out.
Ass an aside, if we don't win it all, I would like MSU to. They have never won a natty in men's sports. Won a women's title this year for the first time.

Once the game started and I saw all the puke orange in the stands, I simply couldn't pull for theViles.
Last edited by commadore on Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mississippi State isn't that impressive to me. Anyone who loses 2 of 3 on their home field to Mizzou isn't that good to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Same as a team that lost 2 to Georgia?
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

commadore wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:48 am
dallasdore wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:42 pm Well, thank goodness I got the "7" part correct for the Dores. ;)

Hope you are right. Hope MSU wins and tennessee wins (oh God, did I really say that?) And then MSU puts them out.
Ass an aside, if we don't win it all, I would like MSU to. They have never won a natty in men's sports. Won a women's title this year for the first time.
Actually, Ole Miss women won the golf championship. I hope UVA wins today…Ms State wins tonite and the Big UT puts the little utEast out of the tourney on Tuesday!
Last edited by Ndorefin on Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Looks like my wishes are on track until Tuesday! Of course I think we will handle NCState….I’m hoping Stanford puts Az out.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

Ndorefin wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:22 pm Looks like my wishes are on track until Tuesday! Of course I think we will handle NCState….I’m hoping Stanford puts Az out.
I'm right there with you Ndorefin!!! The only reason I would want UT to win would be the extra publicity the series would receive when we kick their tails to the curb.

I'm sweating NC State more than I was AZ. But the AZ offense could hit our secondary pitchers around a bit a second time around.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Go Vandy! wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:13 am Same as a team that lost 2 to Georgia?
At HOME to Georgia.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

dallasdore wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:13 am
Ndorefin wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:22 pm Looks like my wishes are on track until Tuesday! Of course I think we will handle NCState….I’m hoping Stanford puts Az out.
I'm right there with you Ndorefin!!! The only reason I would want UT to win would be the extra publicity the series would receive when we kick their tails to the curb.

I'm sweating NC State more than I was AZ. But the AZ offense could hit our secondary pitchers around a bit a second time around.
I believe State and Az are fairly equal on offense, but I think Az’s pitching is better. Of course, we make average pitchers look like Cy Young winners, at times!
Locked Previous topicNext topic