Ticket question

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

Ticket question

Post by admin »

Does anyone have tips for buying tickets to the CWS? I'm taking my son to it and the tickets look ridiculously expensive.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Lynchsr
Captain

Re: Ticket question

Post by Lynchsr »

I recommend the “Gametime” app. Lots of tickets available on secondary market at reasonable prices using this app.

IF we make it to Friday, I will be there with my son and I’m planning on using Gametime. I have only used it for mlb games previously. Let me know if you find a better option
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lynchsr wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:13 pm I recommend the “Gametime” app. Lots of tickets available on secondary market at reasonable prices using this app.

IF we make it to Friday, I will be there with my son and I’m planning on using Gametime. I have only used it for mlb games previously. Let me know if you find a better option
Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

The NCAA also does an online ticket exchange; https://cwsomaha.com/ncaa-ticket-exchange/.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

I went in 2019 and tickets were available for finals from scalpers at less than face value and since it was not sold out plenty of seats were available at the stadium ticket office. If we are in finals my wife and I will be there and buy tickets at or near the stadium.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

Don, this will be my 5th visit and I’ve always just bought from scalpers. They always sell at face value or below (until the finals when they aren’t as worried about getting caught).
Lynchsr
Captain

Post by Lynchsr »

Coming in for Friday’s game. Looks like tickets are available on the secondary market. Any suggestions on where to sit in the Stadium?? Would like to be near some loud Vandy fans. Will have 9yr old son with me so want to make sure it is a fun experience
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

Lynchsr wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:03 pm Coming in for Friday’s game. Looks like tickets are available on the secondary market. Any suggestions on where to sit in the Stadium?? Would like to be near some loud Vandy fans. Will have 9yr old son with me so want to make sure it is a fun experience
Vanderbilt will be playing the 1:00 PM game, so you will have to contend with the sun. It doesn't look like it will be as hot Friday as it was this past weekend, but if you sit in the lower level Right Field side, you can get shade fairly early from rows 14 and back. We sat in Section 104, Row 14, for the NC State-Stanford game, and were in the shade by the 2nd inning. The shade keeps moving over the right field side during the course of the game. The third base side is more exposed to the sun during a day game, but if you avoid the first 20 rows or so, you can miss the sun there as well. The outfield seats are totally exposed. I don't know which side Vanderbilt will be on - Home on 3rd, Visitor on 1st. Enjoy.

Edit: I just saw that Vanderbilt will be the visitor Friday, so we will have the Right Field side.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

katmai wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:27 pm
Lynchsr wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:03 pm Coming in for Friday’s game. Looks like tickets are available on the secondary market. Any suggestions on where to sit in the Stadium?? Would like to be near some loud Vandy fans. Will have 9yr old son with me so want to make sure it is a fun experience
Vanderbilt will be playing the 1:00 PM game, so you will have to contend with the sun. It doesn't look like it will be as hot Friday as it was this past weekend, but if you sit in the lower level Right Field side, you can get shade fairly early from rows 14 and back. We sat in Section 104, Row 14, for the NC State-Stanford game, and were in the shade by the 2nd inning. The shade keeps moving over the right field side during the course of the game. The third base side is more exposed to the sun during a day game, but if you avoid the first 20 rows or so, you can miss the sun there as well. The outfield seats are totally exposed. I don't know which side Vanderbilt will be on - Home on 3rd, Visitor on 1st. Enjoy.

Edit: I just saw that Vanderbilt will be the visitor Friday, so we will have the Right Field side.
I bought tickets for the VANDY/Stanford game through GAMETIME.COM as was suggested by a poster in this link. The cost of an infield ticket in section 121 (under a cover) was the same cost as an outfield ticket.
I just bought tickets for the NCS/Vandy game for Friday and again I found tickets in the upper part (again in the shade) of section 122 for a dollar more per ticket than an outfield ticket.
They send your tickets immediately through the Ticketmaster link for you to add to your phone.
Do note there is about 30% service charge PER ticket on tickets.

Ed: We moved to section 117 tonight and set with Vandy friends with no problem.
UTCCommodore
Ensign

Post by UTCCommodore »

I believe Vandy fans will primarily be in sections 108-106. I bought my tickets in 106, see you there! SV#
@AD SV#
Locked Previous topicNext topic