Does anyone know where the Vanderbilt section will be?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

katmai
Rear Admiral

Does anyone know where the Vanderbilt section will be?

Post by katmai »

I am going to have to get tickets on the resale market, and would like to try sitting close to the Vanderbilt contingent if possible. Thanks.

cc11316
Rear Admiral

Re: Does anyone know where the Vanderbilt section will be?

Post by cc11316 »

Just curious, why resale market? It doesn't appear the games are sold out as Vividseats has tickets for that session starting at $49.
GooseJones15
Lieutenant

Post by GooseJones15 »

I assume we will be home if so will be 3rd base side
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

GooseJones15 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:44 pm I assume we will be home if so will be 3rd base side
My guess is you are being facetious….right?
Last edited by Ndorefin on Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think Goose is correct. The higher seeded team is normally the home team in the first game.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

admin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:36 am I think Goose is correct. The higher seeded team is normally the home team in the first game.
The home team dugout is on the first base side, not the third base side.

EDIT: I stand corrected….unlike Hawkins, the home team side is the third base side…..my apologies Goose.
Last edited by Ndorefin on Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

and the home team rotates between games - original question is where is the Vanderbilt assigned seating section, I believe. Anyone know that?
Haptown
Lieutenant

Post by Haptown »

Here is everything you would want to know about the rules and environment of the CWS in Omaha.

CWS Participant Manual

CWS Brackets with game times

The answer to which dugout does the home team use, it is the 3rd base dugout (see page 35).

The answer as to who will be the home or visitor is explained on page 28.

CWS Seating Chart

Team sitting sections or close to it:
Home - section 116
Visitor - section 108

The team sitting area is in the upper portion of the section underneath the upper deck. The lower portion that is in the sun is part of the general reserved seat area.

(edit: Just saw that general admission tickets are not sold this year, but can be purchased online as of 6/7/21. CWS Ticket FAQ)

General admission tickets are available like in books of 9/10, but are they only let in a limited amount of ticket holders. So to guarantee admittance, you may have to get in line maybe 2 hours early. Beware as there are usually a bunch of teenagers waiting (usually for the night games). But if you don't mind waiting, once you get in and after the game starts, you can move to the Vandy section. I am a friend of one of the whistlers, and the seats immediately in front of him were always open, or would be shortly!
Last edited by Haptown on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Haptown wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:04 pm Here is everything you would want to know about the rules and environment of the CWS in Omaha.

CWS Participant Manual

CWS Brackets with game times

The answer to which dugout does the home team use, it is the 3rd base dugout (see page 35).

The answer as to who will be the home or visitor is explained on page 28.

CWS Seating Chart

Team sitting sections or close to it:
Home - section 116
Visitor - section 108

The team sitting area is in the upper portion of the section underneath the upper deck. The lower portion that is in the sun is part of the general reserved seat area.

General admission tickets are available like in books of 9/10, but are they only let in a limited amount of ticket holders. So to guarantee admittance, you may have to get in line maybe 2 hours early. Beware as there are usually a bunch of teenagers waiting (usually for the night games). But if you don't mind waiting, once you get in and after the game starts, you can move to the Vandy section. I am a friend of one of the whistlers, and the seats immediately in front of him were always open, or would be shortly!
One measley section. They better hope MSU isn't in the finals. I'd like to see how they get 5,000 folks in one section. :)
Haptown
Lieutenant

Post by Haptown »

commadore wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:46 pm
One measley section. They better hope MSU isn't in the finals. I'd like to see how they get 5,000 folks in one section. :)
There is an overflow section in the 2nd deck if your ticket buying priority is lower in the Commodore club. The team sections are mainly for player parents, school admin, and big donors, so not intended for the general fan.

edit: Edited my previous post to reflect that general admission tickets are not being sold this year.
Haptown
Lieutenant

Post by Haptown »

Tickets are available right now thru the NCAA ticket office via Ticketmaster. Even some ticket in sections 114/115 on the 3rd base side. Pricey though at about $120/130 each.

Outfield tickets are about $80 w/fees.

Online ticket ordering
Locked Previous topicNext topic