Our Omaha bracket

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Our Omaha bracket

Post by dallasdore »

Well, looks like our bracket in Omaha will be: Vandy, Arizona, Stanford, NC State.

I think our most formidable competition will be Arizona. They are looking tough, big bats. Not sure how the field will affect them in Omaha, if at all. NC State is really hot lately. I don't know much about Stanford.

I'm glad we are not in the other bracket, which might end up being EweTee, Texas, Miss St, and either UVa (ugh) or DBU. Those top 3 are murderers row, plus if it's UVa they always seem to pull rabbits out of their hat with less talent.

commadore
Admiral

Re: Our Omaha bracket

Post by commadore »

I wouldn't count out the golden domers yet. They have some big bats. Looking at both State and ND, they both seem to pitch by committee on day three, so with that who knows what will happen. Personally I am rooting for MSU. I like their program and i general don't like ND.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

commadore wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:35 pm I wouldn't count out the golden domers yet. They have some big bats. Looking at both State and ND, they both seem to pitch by committee on day three, so with that who knows what will happen. Personally I am rooting for MSU. I like their program and i general don't like ND.
I'm with you. Heck, I'm Catholic and I don't like ND at all!!! I've known a lot of MissSt fans who are really good salt of the earth people, and I'm definitely pulling for them. They also seem to always get overlooked in sports in their division, so we can definitely relate.
KudzuLeague
Captain

Post by KudzuLeague »

Of all the SEC baseball schools I usually dislike Miss State the least. As long as they don't bring the cowbells.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

Idk, I thought I liked Miss State fans, then I found them to be super annoying in Omaha in 2019. Go Irish
KudzuLeague
Captain

Post by KudzuLeague »

Farewell, then, Dallas Baptist Patriots
Locked Previous topicNext topic