Arm Abuse

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

baseball1234
Commander

Arm Abuse

Post by baseball1234 »

If I have a kid who is a pitcher, he would never pitch for Arkansas. Maybe not NC State either.

commadore
Admiral

Re: Arm Abuse

Post by commadore »

Ole Miss not much better.
Why do you recruit other pitchers if you aren't going to use them.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

Arky manager certainly not showing confidence in his bullpen. Wow!
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Serves Van Horn right. BS. 99% of pitchers will tell you they want to pitch no matter what.
TnValleyDore
Rear Admiral

Post by TnValleyDore »

Sadly, you see some of this every year. Coaches seem to manage differently in the post season, trying to ride their horses a little longer. I’m not a college BB metrics guy, but based on my anecdotal observations, the strategy backfires more often than not.

Had Van Horn not brought Kopps in last night down one, starting him tonight may have worked and they’d be on their way to Omaha. (Following up with a guy who threw 99(?) pitches 2 days prior is also questionable.)

I still think to this day we might have beaten Florida in the in our elimination game during our first trip to Omaha had Corbs not tried to ride Sonny Gray too long. Happens to the best of them.

As a side note, the strength of the ACC may have been underestimated due to the parity in the league. Ga Tech was not easy out.
Locked Previous topicNext topic