Thoughts after watching a long weekend of Regionals

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Thoughts after watching a long weekend of Regionals

Post by dallasdore »

1. Congrats to LSU. What a story, keeping Manieri (sp?) coaching one last Super. Manieri is a great coach, and I really hope he gets to one last CWS to go out in style. Beat EweTee!

2. Of the 16 teams in the Supers: 6 are from SEC, 2 from Pac12, 2 from Big12, 3 from ACC if you count Notre Dame, 3 from mid-majors.

3. Lots of chalk this weekend, 12 of the 16 regionals were won by the national seed. It was 12 of the top 13 seeds as a matter of fact.

4. Florida. Enough said. Bwahahahahahha. Couldn't happen to a better coach.

5. Vandy is gelling at just the right time. We looked really smooth all weekend despite getting punched back a lot. And our offense might be waking back up.

6. The crowd at Arkansas looked like it was the most fun atmosphere in college baseball. That was one electric crowd.

7. Congrats to South Florida, who advanced as the 4 seed in their regional. When is the last time that happened?????

VirginiaDore
Ensign

Re: Thoughts after watching a long weekend of Regionals

Post by VirginiaDore »

The crowd AND the stadium at Arkansas were amazing!
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

dallasdore wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:30 am 1. Congrats to LSU. What a story, keeping Manieri (sp?) coaching one last Super. Manieri is a great coach, and I really hope he gets to one last CWS to go out in style. Beat EweTee!

2. Of the 16 teams in the Supers: 6 are from SEC, 2 from Pac12, 2 from Big12, 3 from ACC if you count Notre Dame, 3 from mid-majors.

3. Lots of chalk this weekend, 12 of the 16 regionals were won by the national seed. It was 12 of the top 13 seeds as a matter of fact.

4. Florida. Enough said. Bwahahahahahha. Couldn't happen to a better coach.

5. Vandy is gelling at just the right time. We looked really smooth all weekend despite getting punched back a lot. And our offense might be waking back up.

6. The crowd at Arkansas looked like it was the most fun atmosphere in college baseball. That was one electric crowd.

7. Congrats to South Florida, who advanced as the 4 seed in their regional. When is the last time that happened?????
Unfortunately, he may be crying all the way to the bank.
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

.....and Vitello to Fla.
DivergentDore
Commander

Post by DivergentDore »

Sully to LSU has already been shut down on the LSU side. With their current crisis and investigation there's no way they could take a coach with scandal rumors, even if the rumors were to be proven incorrect.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

DivergentDore wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:47 pm Sully to LSU has already been shut down on the LSU side. With their current crisis and investigation there's no way they could take a coach with scandal rumors, even if the rumors were to be proven incorrect.
Excuse me for being dense, but what current crisis?
DivergentDore
Commander

Post by DivergentDore »

commadore wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:17 pm
DivergentDore wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:47 pm Sully to LSU has already been shut down on the LSU side. With their current crisis and investigation there's no way they could take a coach with scandal rumors, even if the rumors were to be proven incorrect.
Excuse me for being dense, but what current crisis?
Claims of sexual assaults being pushed to the side or flat out dismissed. They've already done an internal investigation of which the findings resulted in multiple higher up firings and Kansas letting Les Miles go as their head coach. Only one player in any sport has been named specifically, Guice. He allegedly sexually assaulted a lady 70+ years old. LSU did nothing about it at the time but has now (since the investigation formally started) completely disassociated with him including wiping him from their "books".

It's said the law firm they hired did a very thorough job with the internal investigation but the LSU administration filtered what was sent to the NCAA and La state legislature and removed almost everything found that happened after Miles left. The NCAA and state legislature both saw smoke roiling from Baton Rouge and have started their official investigations. The LSU administration is actively trying to block anyone from the school from giving testimony to the legislature. This will not turn out well for them on that front. They may possibly escape alot of NCAA punishment if they pay off and then hire the investigators sent to them, a la Miami.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

You'd think they would be more cooperative, given the firing and show-cause penalty handed out to Will Wade. No, wait-
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

I'm dense also. What are the scandal rumors associated with Kevin O'Sullivan?
accent grave over the e
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

egbertsouse wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:45 am
That is what I thought he was saying.
DivergentDore
Commander

Post by DivergentDore »

This is secondhand knowledge only (unlike the LSU scandal where I've had a current Tiger confirm they are being told the same) but it's in wide circles that Sully had an affair with a boosters wife who found out about it and killed his kids and then himself. Like I said though, only secondhand reporting and may be true or not, but it is being circulated in circles outside of message board fodder. Even though I'm not fond of Sully, I hope the circulation is wrong. That would be a hard thing to live with.
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

DivergentDore wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:44 pm
This is secondhand knowledge only (unlike the LSU scandal where I've had a current Tiger confirm they are being told the same) but it's in wide circles that Sully had an affair with a boosters wife who found out about it and killed his kids and then himself. Like I said though, only secondhand reporting and may be true or not, but it is being circulated in circles outside of message board fodder. Even though I'm not fond of Sully, I hope the circulation is wrong. That would be a hard thing to live with.
Wow
accent grave over the e
Locked Previous topicNext topic