Do we know game times against East Carolina yet?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vu2003rpl
Captain

Do we know game times against East Carolina yet?

Post by vu2003rpl »

Do we know game times against East Carolina? I’m trying to jump on planning for the weekend…. Ie how early to leave work on Friday. 8-)

Go Dores!!

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: Do we know game times against East Carolina yet?

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Probably not announced until later today. And don't forget, the schedule may be Saturday-Sunday-Monday (if necessary).
frstev17
Captain

Post by frstev17 »

I called the ticket office and was told the schedules won’t be set until all remaining regionals are completed. There are remaining games today and tonight. Supers schedules may be set tomorrow or could even be Wednesday.
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

I didn't realize Arkansas lost yesterday... They play Nebraska again tonight.
accent grave over the e
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

egbertsouse wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:25 pm I didn't realize Arkansas lost yesterday... They play Nebraska again tonight.
I guess we should root for Nebraska as they SHOULD be an easier WS opponent.
SCSA
Captain

Post by SCSA »

HI. Trying to make the Saturday game, but I would be flying in that day. What are the odds the Saturday game is NOT late afternoon or evening? Thanks
surlyrich
Petty Officer

Post by surlyrich »

NCAA Baseball twitter reporting early start times for Vandy Super Regional.

NCAA Baseball
@NCAACWS

NASHVILLE SUPER REGIONAL
@ECUBaseball

at
@VandyBoys

June 11 - NOON ET - ESPN2
June 12 - NOON ET - ESPN2
June 13 - 3:00 PM - ESPN2 or ESPNU (If Nec.)

#RoadToOmaha

That Friday at 11:00 central time will be a tough time for folks to get off work and get to the game.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Friday Super Regional day games have been around for a while (Vandy played Stanford in 2014 in an afternoon start in 2014), and I know NCAA and ESPN wants all of the games on non-streaming platforms. But that was before the popularity of streaming media and the creation of the SEC and ACC networks. Doesn't seem like there's any reason to have to do 11 AM CT starts now.

For example, on this Friday night, the SEC Network is showing the Alabama spring football game followed by UT's spring football game. It makes no sense.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

Thanks for the update on time.

Timing is tough for fans going to the game but I’ll take the midday Friday work distraction. Might be able to cut out and make it if I get lucky.

Anchor Down Dores!
vujoe
Vice Admiral

Post by vujoe »

I'm retired so noon Friday sounds good but I have a family graduation luncheon party so i'll have to tape it. Saturday is a family pool party so I'll have to tape it. Guess I'll be watching at night so don't spoil it by texting me.
vujoe
Vice Admiral

Post by vujoe »

I'm retired so noon Friday sounds good but I have a family graduation luncheon party so i'll have to tape it. Saturday is a family pool party so I'll have to tape it. Guess I'll be watching at night so don't spoil it by texting me.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:26 pm And don't forget, the schedule may be Saturday-Sunday-Monday (if necessary).
The regionals schedule since the tournament went to 64 teams with 16 regionals had half of the regions starting on Friday and half on Saturday. This year there were 32 games played on Friday.

The Vanderbilt Ticket Office was caught by surprise after planning for two schedule possibilities. Don't you think the NCAA would let its member institutions in on things like that as soon as they are determined?

With that in mind, as late as Monday afternoon Vanderbilt didn't know if ALL of the Super Regionals would start play on Friday. Of course, we now know the schedule.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

vujoe wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:04 pm I'm retired so noon Friday sounds good but I have a family graduation luncheon party so i'll have to tape it. Saturday is a family pool party so I'll have to tape it. Guess I'll be watching at night so don't spoil it by texting me.
(my bold)

Bring your VCR to my house next week. I have some family graduations and parties taped that I still need to watch. We can talk about the Super Regionals games and pretend we're interested in each other's family get-togethers.
Locked Previous topicNext topic