Thoughts

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dcdore
Admiral

Thoughts

Post by dcdore »

I think it's absolutely great that VU has a team that is consensus top 5 in the nation and we're wondering what's wrong. A bit "Bama-ish" but great.

We may be missing Cooper's leadership.

Is there anyway Young will be healthy for NCAA's?

Could we not have tried Ethan Smith for an inning instead of Hugh Fisher?

If our "studs" show up, it's beginning to look like we could have the pitching for the tourney with Little and Reilly.

Not expecting VU to be in Omaha this year, but wouldn't be surprised if we show up.

Rocker may have cost himself $1mm in the last month.

There's probably a lot more random VandyBoys thought in this head, but that's all for now.

Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
dore74
Vice Admiral

Re: Thoughts

Post by dore74 »

We haven’t looked great in weeks. Rocker has lost a good bit of his luster and Leiter some too. Bats looks tired up and down the lineup and totally not on game.
But it’s baseball. So anything is possible…good or bad. Here’s hoping!!
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Our #2,(Young) #3,(Keegan) hitters and Noland are in the top 6 in strikeouts in SEC games....maybe we should juggle the lineup.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

I suspect there will be changeS: who knows what they will be or how visible they will be to us. What I am sure if is that Corbs and his staff will be working hard to fix what is fixable. His frustration has been evident and we can bet he is changing things that he hopes changes the recent performance. We may never know what is being done, but we will all see if it works. Hope so.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

charlestonalum wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:06 am I suspect there will be changeS: who knows what they will be or how visible they will be to us. What I am sure if is that Corbs and his staff will be working hard to fix what is fixable. His frustration has been evident and we can bet he is changing things that he hopes changes the recent performance. We may never know what is being done, but we will all see if it works. Hope so.
Yes! Though I have been critical in a few specific situations this season, let me repeat my mantra..."In Corbs We Trust".
Locked Previous topicNext topic