Some of you keep saying

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Some of you keep saying

Post by commadore »

How great the color guys are for the tourney. I do not agree. Just now he said the Tennessee pitcher turned down the University of Vanderbilt. As our president would say, COME ON MAN!

Versus75
Admiral

Re: Some of you keep saying

Post by Versus75 »

commadore wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:13 am How great the color guys are for the tourney. I do not agree. Just now he said the Tennessee pitcher turned down the University of Vanderbilt. As our president would say, COME ON MAN!
TWO color commentators is at least one TOO many. They don’t just comment; they start up a dialogue and the game is secondary.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

Versus75 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:24 pm
commadore wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:13 am How great the color guys are for the tourney. I do not agree. Just now he said the Tennessee pitcher turned down the University of Vanderbilt. As our president would say, COME ON MAN!
TWO color commentators is at least one TOO many. They don’t just comment; they start up a dialogue and the game is secondary.
Peterson & Walker are both very knowledgeable baseball guys who can articulate views quite well...when they're engaged and paying attention. But they suffer from The ESPNization of sports broadcasting, i.e., the narrative, the personal story and the back-and-forth always take priority over the action. It's maddening.
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

I think Peterson is great when he talks about the game which he rarely does. I agree with Levon that this seems to be the ESPN way. The game is secondary.
accent grave over the e
Locked Previous topicNext topic