Encouraging outing from Little

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Encouraging outing from Little

Post by Commodoredave »

I've seen flashes at times this year, but that was as consistent as his stuff has been all season. The velo was up, and the change was really showing horizontal break. Additionally, he really pitched through some bad breaks like the phantom HBP and came up with big pitches in tough spots. I can't tell you how happy I was this morning to read that his "injury" was simply cramping and nothing serious. Hopefully we can get 5+ innings out of him in the postseason because we are going to need it.

geeznotagain
Admiral

Re: Encouraging outing from Little

Post by geeznotagain »

Super news about Little not having a serious injury. Easily his best outing of the year, and came against a good offensive team. His good performance was even more encouraging than the win itself IMO.
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Still have to wait for something official however about his arm. Fearing the worst based on his facial expression.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

I'll admit to being a casual but enthusiastic fan of our baseball team. I didn't realize that he enrolled early and is only 17 years old! That's incredible!
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

vandy05 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:25 pm I'll admit to being a casual but enthusiastic fan of our baseball team. I didn't realize that he enrolled early and is only 17 years old! That's incredible!
He won't be 18 until July. Also, he was projected a s a first round draft choice, so the decision to enroll early was quite the surprise.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

baseball1234 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:19 pm Still have to wait for something official however about his arm. Fearing the worst based on his facial expression.
It was a cramp and that hurts like hell as we all know.
Locked Previous topicNext topic