A&M's Rob Childress fired

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

A&M's Rob Childress fired

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Kendall Rogers of D1 Baseball (an A&M alum) wasn't surprised by it, as it had been rumored for a while, but it's a surprise to me when you dismiss a coach who reached the postseason 13 consecutive years before this season (behind only FSU and Vandy) and won six conference titles, went to six Supers, and made two trips to Omaha.

Tony Vitello of UT is rumored to be on the Aggies' short list.

Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Re: A&M's Rob Childress fired

Post by Commodoredave »

I guess the deal had just run it's course with Childress, but you better have a guy in mind if you fire a man who was as successful as he was.

UT is going to give Vitello a big raise, and make some big investments in baseball. I'd be shocked if he left, though I would like to see it.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

Bad, off the cuff decision by A&M. This coach will show up somewhere else.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

I think ATM can spend a lot more than UT and it is a better job. Their stadium is recognized as one of the best in the NCAA.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Vitello likes UT, if he stays they deserve each other, and if he leaves A&M gets a superb coach who knows how to compete in a state with a superb baseball team as the rival. I would prefer to see him go to A&M to give Arkansas some more competition.
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Hope he leaves. Would be huge insult to UT fans.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

charlestonalum wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:54 am Vitello likes UT, if he stays they deserve each other, and if he leaves A&M gets a superb coach who knows how to compete in a state with a superb baseball team as the rival. I would prefer to see him go to A&M to give Arkansas some more competition.
Sorry Charleston, but on no planet does UT deserve a “superb” coach. What UT deserves is death, pestilence and lots of losses!
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

oakparkDore wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:49 pm
charlestonalum wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:54 am Vitello likes UT, if he stays they deserve each other, and if he leaves A&M gets a superb coach who knows how to compete in a state with a superb baseball team as the rival. I would prefer to see him go to A&M to give Arkansas some more competition.
Sorry Charleston, but on no planet does UT deserve a “superb” coach. What UT deserves is death, pestilence and lots of losses!
My words were misinterpreted: I believe it would be dumb for him to stay at UT so if he does he has proven to me, at least, that he made a bad decision like most decisions at UT, and because of the bad decision he belongs in the cesspool. He is a good coach and so is their basketball coach: neither really fit in with that UT crowd. Sorry if my true opinion of UT was confusing.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

charlestonalum wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:26 pm
oakparkDore wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:49 pm
My words were misinterpreted: I believe it would be dumb for him to stay at UT so if he does he has proven to me, at least, that he made a bad decision like most decisions at UT, and because of the bad decision he belongs in the cesspool. He is a good coach and so is their basketball coach: neither really fit in with that UT crowd. Sorry if my true opinion of UT was confusing.
No worries at all. I know you hate the Vols as much as me, so I probably could have guessed you meant something other than the way I read it. I just saw an opportunity to take a shot at them. Can’t pass those up!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I agree with Charlestonalum. UT is a bush league school with a bush league head coach. Vandy and Corbin are the opposite of that.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Locked Previous topicNext topic