Troy Laneve

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

blackgold61
Lieutenant

Troy Laneve

Post by blackgold61 »

I know he misplayed a ball in the North Alabama game but is his defense so bad that he can’t replace Cooper Davis? I love Cooper. He has been very good in his career but he is struggling at the plate. From the small sample size we have seen from Troy, he can hit and with power. Does anyone else feel the same?

Levon
Rear Admiral

Re: Troy Laneve

Post by Levon »

blackgold61 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:11 am I know he misplayed a ball in the North Alabama game but is his defense so bad that he can’t replace Cooper Davis? I love Cooper. He has been very good in his career but he is struggling at the plate. From the small sample size we have seen from Troy, he can hit and with power. Does anyone else feel the same?
'61, I've been preaching this gospel for weeks. Davis is clearly not the best choice to start on this team. Every at-bat that he got last night was an at-bat that Bulger, Noland, LaNeve and Jones didn't get. I know Corbs loves seniors and leadership (who doesn't?) but at a time when this team is struggling, Coop is not the answer. He isn't even a plus outfielder. Best players gotta play.
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Spot on.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I think Troy is in the starting lineup for good.
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

I really thought Bulger was never going to leave the lineup, and I still think he is going to be a star. However, he isn't the best against RHP.
Not sure about Cooper. He came into the year with a career .340 avg and some unfortunate injuries. This season has been both a disappointment and a loss, but we have seen Corbin ride experience in postseason, so one of these other guys has to own it to take the LF spot.
Locked Previous topicNext topic