Has anyone received a parking ticket at the garage?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

HarpoMarx
Ensign

Has anyone received a parking ticket at the garage?

Post by HarpoMarx »

Someone on Facebook claimed they received a parking ticket in the garage on Friday or Saturday. Said they had been parking there for 20 years. I have been parking there for 10 years and parked there yesterday again. A VU police car was patrolling the garage and passed by us when we were pulling rain gear out of the trunk. He didn't stop to tell us anything and didn't come back and ticket us. We were only there about 30 minutes. Got a ticket several years ago for parking in the engineering building lot during Xmas break. 50 bucks. I appealed it and they said tough luck. I don't think I need to tell anyone what my reply to them was. Anyone had problems in the garage recently?

katmai
Rear Admiral

Re: Has anyone received a parking ticket at the garage?

Post by katmai »

HarpoMarx wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:40 am Someone on Facebook claimed they received a parking ticket in the garage on Friday or Saturday. Said they had been parking there for 20 years. I have been parking there for 10 years and parked there yesterday again. A VU police car was patrolling the garage and passed by us when we were pulling rain gear out of the trunk. He didn't stop to tell us anything and didn't come back and ticket us. We were only there about 30 minutes. Got a ticket several years ago for parking in the engineering building lot during Xmas break. 50 bucks. I appealed it and they said tough luck. I don't think I need to tell anyone what my reply to them was. Anyone had problems in the garage recently?
I received a citation on Friday, but it was for $0.00. If you go online, it is recorded as paid. I am not sure what the point of that is, or if they will do something different if you receive a large number of citations.
HarpoMarx
Ensign

Post by HarpoMarx »

What level in the garage were you parked at?
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

As somebody else asked, what floor we were they parked on?
Friday night a buddy of mine was catering the post-game meal for the VandyBoys and I parked on level 3. I figured it was after 7:00 PM and since I was helping him get food boxed up and wasn’t planning to watch from the garage, I didn’t feel the need to drive all the way up.
And then I parked up on 7 for Saturday’s game.
No ticket either time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic