Alabama #1

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Levon
Rear Admiral

Re: Alabama #1

Post by Levon »

Keegan leadoff K on a big top-to-bottom curve ball. Sweet pitch. Noland out 1-6-3, pitcher got a glove on the ball that deflected it toward SS who made the play, probably robbed Noland of a hit in the process. Well done! CJ puts it out of reach of everyone with a line drive single to LF. Nice hitting. 3rd Bammer pitcher coming in.

Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

Jones big bouncing single over the 1B to right, CJ takes 3rd. Kolwyk deep, high fly caught on the track right on front of the fence in right-center for the 3rd out. Just missed a 3-run bomb. To the 8th. Need 6 outs.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

Nice hustle by Nado on close 3-1 and at 1st, then knocks down comebacker for easy toss to 1st for the 2nd out. A pair of nice plays followed by a 2-out walk. Noland saves a double knocking down a ground ball down the 3rd base line, throw to 1st late. Gets the 3rd put on a terrific, athletic 1-3 by both Keegs & Nado. Three excellent defensive plays by pitcher.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

Terrific play by Bama SS to nip Laneve at first. Almost an identical play as Young's a coinnings ago. And out #2 was a very nice play 1-3. 1B made a nice long throw to covering pitcher. Very well done. But no one can track down EBjr's seeing-eye-single thru the 3-4 hole, his 4th hit tonight, and he promptly swipes 2nd. We get to watch him play for 2 more years, I hope we all appreciate how fantastic that is!
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

After a Young walk, they double steal. EBjr is like watching Rickey Henderson. MAN OH MAN!
Keegs Ks. To the 9th.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

UThug trailing Mizzou 4-3 in the 8th.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Review center in Birmingham. Something about that is fishy....
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

Nado paints the outside corner for a looking strike 3, gets #2 on a nice running catch by Laneve heading toward the RF foul line. 2-strike choke-up guy grounds out to 2nd...wait, under review. Routine play...until Kolwyk dropped the ball and then had to rush the throw to 1st. Looking at replay, my guess is safe...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...and he's out! Ballgame!
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

9-6 Vandy wins. Not your typical Friday night SEC game, but it's a W.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Take em any way we can get them. Most strange game.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

Levon wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:53 pm 3rd hitter helps Murphy, fouling off what looked like probable ball 4, and then Murph Ks him on the next pitch on a big swing-and-miss. Wow! Next hitter is at 0-2, guy chokes up a good 4 inches and opens his stance wide. Murphy wild pitches (passed ball?) Way up and away. Gets him on a short fly to LF, not deep enough to tag. Murphy coming out, MaldaNoNo coming in! MaldaNoNo is a great nickname, BTW, one of the guys on this board's grandson came up with it. My compliments! (Sorry I can't remember who).
It's been bugging me so I went back and checked, it's DivergentDores' grandson who came up with "MaldaNoNo".
Locked Previous topicNext topic