U of L Coach Dan McDonnell ...

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Versus75
Admiral

U of L Coach Dan McDonnell ...

Post by Versus75 »

... went on a bit of a tirade last night. Not about the officiating or the opponent (Vanderbilt), but his own university ticketing policies. Sounded like Corbs not too long ago when he said, "I guess Covid doesn't exist in Knoxville."

McDonnell:

I'm read to open this place up. I'm not gonna lie. I'm beyond frustrated. I'm tired of it. We're an outdoor sport. I mean, let's go people. Turn on the Masters. Watch the Derby. Watch the games in the SEC ... I'm tired of playing games without people in the stands. So, let's open it up and let's let our fans come ... And then I'll be a little more excited to host the regional. Because, unfortunately, I haven't had a regional atmosphere yet.

https://www.courier-journal.com/videos/ ... 957727001/

A brief video pans around Jim Patterson Stadium. The official attendance was 880. I was there and tried to estimate the crowd as the game was about to start. I was thinking 400. But it was an early start and more fans arrived after the first pitch.

880 may have been accurate, but it's still a far cry from the 4,458 who packed the place for Louisville's final home game of 2019 (Super Regional versus East Carolina).

AND THEN ... WHO WOULDA THUNK IT?

The University of Louisville announced this afternoon that "it received approval" to increase ticketing to approximately 50% of capacity.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/s ... 956131001/

Do you think Corbin and McDonnell have had a dialogue?

cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Re: U of L Coach Dan McDonnell ...

Post by cjdore »

VU announced to day that there will be no limits on remaining home games.....will be nice to see the Hawk packed once again!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic