Florida #1

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

daa84
Petty Officer

Re: Florida #1

Post by daa84 »

Team obviously misses hlibocki. Anyone know the status of Ethan smith and Myles Garrett? Garrrett had been pitching well but we haven’t seen him recently. Would also be really nice to have a healthy doolin and Jones.

commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Unless he was REALLY sick you would think Smith would be back by now. It has been well over the 14 day protocal.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

vufan1 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:35 pm
geeznotagain wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:55 pm Among the top 20 teams in the nation, we have to have the suckiest bullpen by far.
We're definitely going to need a couple of our bullpen guys (besides Maldonado) to step up once we get to the postseason. He can't do it by himself, and no one else seems to be building Corbin's / Brownie's (or my) confidence with these types of outings.
Murphy pitched well last night. He bailed Schultz out in the 6th, and actually pitched well in the 7th with some bad luck. Overall, he faced 7 batters, struck out 3 gave up the two soft, off-the-end-the-bat infield singles in the 7th and his last out was a pop to 2nd, IIRC. He made one really poor fielding decision that put him into jeopardy. But his fastball was electric, it still explodes. The high fastball strike 3 pitch for the last out in the 6th was a beauty.
VandyPhile
Rear Admiral

Post by VandyPhile »

I’m pretty sure I saw Garrett standing around in the bullpen, in uniform. Maybe he is close to being ready to return?
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Do we have anyone besides Rocker and Moldinado that can get people out? This is less than pitiful.
Locked Previous topicNext topic