OT: Why a South Carolina youth baseball team wore Vanderbilt uniforms to remember a cancer-stricken teammate

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

OldDude
Vice Admiral

Re: OT: Why a South Carolina youth baseball team wore Vanderbilt uniforms to remember a cancer-stricken teammate

Post by OldDude »

Must read indeed ! Thanks, Auric.
commadore
Admiral

Re: OT: Why a South Carolina youth baseball team wore Vanderbilt uniforms to remember a cancer-stricken teammate

Post by commadore »

That story really hit home with me. Back in 2012, my son, Ben, who had Down Syndrome, died suddenly. He was very active at church and actually sang in the church choir. Two weeks after his death, at the church's big halloween/fall festival event, all the college and career kids from his class showed up in Vandy football jerseys with Cutler's (Ben's favorite) number and Ben's name on it. Meant more to me than they could ever imagine.
secchamp
Lieutenant

Post by secchamp »

What a great story and reminder of what's truly important. Thanks for sharing!
StarTraveler
Commander

Post by StarTraveler »

Great story. Thanks for sharing it, Auric.
Locked Previous topicNext topic