Extra Inning Rule

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

geeznotagain
Admiral

Extra Inning Rule

Post by geeznotagain »

Now that we've seen it actually happen in a major league game, anyone like the extra inning rule where the inning starts with a guy on second?

I think they should have that runner wear a Clarabell outfit -- you know, to give the whole thing a little more pizazz. Also, he could throw Mardi Gras beads on his way around the bases.

lidore12
Ensign

Re: Extra Inning Rule

Post by lidore12 »

Is this a permanent rule change, or just something for the shortened season?

Kind of reminds me of college football overtime where you start the drive from the 25 already.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

geeznotagain wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:12 am Now that we've seen it actually happen in a major league game, anyone like the extra inning rule where the inning starts with a guy on second?

I think they should have that runner wear a Clarabell outfit -- you know, to give the whole thing a little more pizazz. Also, he could throw Mardi Gras beads on his way around the bases.
The Mardi Gras beads would be a nice touch.
abvandy
Rear Admiral

Post by abvandy »

Who came up with this? I Don't Know if the runner gets to third base.

(Apologies to Abbott and Costello)

CONQUER!!..., and PREVAIL!!!
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

lidore12 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:22 am Is this a permanent rule change, or just something for the shortened season?

Kind of reminds me of college football overtime where you start the drive from the 25 already.
As I understand it, the new extra inning rule is for this season only, but if it the players and teams like it, I wouldn't be surprised if it become permanent.
Locked Previous topicNext topic