Sonny Gray screwed again...

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Sonny Gray screwed again...

Post by commadore »

Seven shutout, 4 hit innings against the Braves. Bottom of the eighth, Garrett gives up a home run. Bottom of the ninth he gives up a two run home run. 3-3 and there goes the win for Sonny.
Guess I'll root for the Braves now.

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: Sonny Gray screwed again...

Post by Titans309fan »

He pitched well, but thankfully the Braves tied it up. Braves come before any Vandy player for me. :)
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

We saw 2 crappy bullpens duking it out.
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

Wow......I hope i never see the day when i pull for a pro team over Vandy players. These guys only drive is money, they would leave their team for an extra dollar.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Dorewithaflare wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:46 am Wow......I hope i never see the day when i pull for a pro team over Vandy players. These guys only drive is money, they would leave their team for an extra dollar.
These players have worked their whole lives to be the very best of their profession. That's pretty disrespectful to say they are only motivated by money.

I pull for my favorite teams (Braves, Titans, Preds). If Vandy players are on them, great (I love Dansby as a Brave). If not, I will honor their accomplishments when they aren't facing my teams. Team first, players second.
vebiltdervan
Fleet Admiral

Post by vebiltdervan »

Dorewithaflare wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:46 am Wow...I hope i never see the day when I pull for a pro team over Vandy players. Those teams' only drive is money, they trade their favorite players away for an extra dollar.
Fixed it for you.
Matheta
Admiral

Post by Matheta »

Titans309fan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:57 am
Dorewithaflare wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:46 am Wow......I hope i never see the day when i pull for a pro team over Vandy players. These guys only drive is money, they would leave their team for an extra dollar.
These players have worked their whole lives to be the very best of their profession. That's pretty disrespectful to say they are only motivated by money.

I pull for my favorite teams (Braves, Titans, Preds). If Vandy players are on them, great (I love Dansby as a Brave). If not, I will honor their accomplishments when they aren't facing my teams. Team first, players second.
Good for you! I pull against the Braves, Falcons, and Hawks every game!
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

I don't care about the Hawks, and I am neutral about the Falcons. Any particular reason you don't like Atlanta teams?
Locked Previous topicNext topic