Dan McConnell = Kevin O'Sullivan

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Golddore68
Admiral

Dan McConnell = Kevin O'Sullivan

Post by Golddore68 »

Louisville coach Dan McConnell and Florida baseball coach Kevin O'Sullivan both seem like real a-holes. They both smirk at the umps all the time. Their players do unsportsmanlike things and they act like it's no big deal or they defend them.

Tim Corbin is apparently friends with both of them. During the Duke-Vanderbilt regional final, Corbin was joking that McConnell was texting Corbin's wife about something. Corbin also was involved in O'Sullivan's wedding.

Corbin just seems like he has so much more class than either of these jokers.

VandyFan888
Ensign

Re: Dan McConnell = Kevin O'Sullivan

Post by VandyFan888 »

Corbs is also good friends with James Franklin.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

And the Michigan coach was an assistant coach at VU under Corbin - they are very good friends, too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I wouldn't say Dan McConnell = Kevin O'Sullivan. O'Sullivan is a scummy, foul-mouthed embarrassment to the SEC. I think that McConnell is a decent guy. He had one player who acted foolish. That doesn't make him like O'Sullivan.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

Not seeing this at all. Sure the kid for Louisville crossed a line in the heat of competition, but Vandy fans are getting too worked up about it. It happens. That doesn't make the coach a bad guy by any means.
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

admin wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:07 pm I wouldn't say Dan McConnell = Kevin O'Sullivan. O'Sullivan is a scummy, foul-mouthed embarrassment to the SEC. I think that McConnell is a decent guy. He had one player who acted foolish. That doesn't make him like O'Sullivan.
It makes McDonnell part of the problem. He should have taken him out of the game after he did that. The player should have been ejected by the umpires as well. Enabling that behavior makes you part of the problem. Many failed last night.
Last edited by Dickeys Nightmare on Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

Commodoredave wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:53 pm Not seeing this at all. Sure the kid for Louisville crossed a line in the heat of competition, but Vandy fans are getting too worked up about it. It happens. That doesn't make the coach a bad guy by any means.
People weren’t worked up enough about this. Player
should have been ejected and coach shouldn’t have let him throw another pitch. Don’t excuse away this behavior as you’re doing. His actions should be condemned and not tolerated.
SCSA
Captain

Post by SCSA »

I'd give their manager the benefit of the doubt in this one. His kid was handcuffing Vandy, and he had to think about coming up with another starter for the next day.

Corbin strikes me as one of those people who sees the best in others and tries to focus on their strengths more than their flaws. That's what makes him a brilliant leader.
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

You watch this team on the side line an you think they have ONE player with a problem?
Locked Previous topicNext topic