We might as well quit and go home...

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

We might as well quit and go home...

Post by commadore »

ESPN announcers just said that Jake Mangum and MSU "seem to be a team of destiny and Vanderbilt will have to play a great game just to have a chance to beat them."
Seems to me, in just a decent game, Auburn would have beaten them but for an idiotic play. Not even close to a great game. May watch our game without sound unless we score 5 in the first.

vujoe
Vice Admiral

Re: We might as well quit and go home...

Post by vujoe »

I haven't seen anything that says MSU is team of destiny. I saw them as a team lucky to have won.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Agree.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

commadore wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:35 am ESPN announcers just said that Jake Mangum and MSU "seem to be a team of destiny and Vanderbilt will have to play a great game just to have a chance to beat them."
Seems to me, in just a decent game, Auburn would have beaten them but for an idiotic play. Not even close to a great game. May watch our game without sound unless we score 5 in the first.
The play-by-play guy is Tom Hart, who is the worst play-by-play guy employed by ESPN. I've never watched a broadcast he's called in which he doesn't spend a lot of time talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the game he is calling. He's terrible. Hopefully, we'll get the other broadcast team for our game.
4timenatlchamps
Admiral

Post by 4timenatlchamps »

Wishing I had played a drinking game since the start of this CWS, in which I drink every time someone says something along the lines of "There's just something about this Mississippi State team."
VandyFan888
Ensign

Post by VandyFan888 »

4timenatlchamps wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:06 pm Wishing I had played a drinking game since the start of this CWS, in which I drink every time someone says something along the lines of "There's just something about this Mississippi State team."
There definitely is "something about this team" and it stinks to high heaven. What a bunch of jerks they are.
VandyFan888
Ensign

Post by VandyFan888 »

Good2BGold wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:57 pm
commadore wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:35 am ESPN announcers just said that Jake Mangum and MSU "seem to be a team of destiny and Vanderbilt will have to play a great game just to have a chance to beat them."
The play-by-play guy is Tom Hart, who is the worst play-by-play guy employed by ESPN. I've never watched a broadcast he's called in which he doesn't spend a lot of time talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the game he is calling. He's terrible. Hopefully, we'll get the other broadcast team for our game.
Hart and Perez are insufferable. Kyle is harmless and doesn't add much any more. But Hart takes the cake as the worst there is. Even former announcer Mike Patrick was better, and Mike was mostly always drunk on the air. I miss him so much now.
VUDU
Lieutenant

Post by VUDU »

Why do you guys listen to the TV when it's so easy to get Joe Fisher?
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

I only listen to Joe who is ahead of the TV and look at the plays I want to see without any announcer interruptions - I got a little tired of hearing Joe keep talking about our 6-0 lead disappearing, and our blown opportunities. However, nobody beats Joe with excitement when we do something good.
VUDU
Lieutenant

Post by VUDU »

charlestonalum wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:51 pmI got a little tired of hearing Joe keep talking about our 6-0 lead disappearing, and our blown opportunities. However, nobody beats Joe with excitement when we do something good.
Yeah, he did do that, didn't he? Still better than listening to a bunch of peripheral crap like Mike Martin, who I couldn't care less about, or Zion Williamson. I would rather listen to a broadcast that focuses on Vanderbilt and on the game itself.
VandyFan888
Ensign

Post by VandyFan888 »

VUDU wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:45 pm Why do you guys listen to the TV when it's so easy to get Joe Fisher?
Hard to sync.
VUDU
Lieutenant

Post by VUDU »

VandyFan888 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:11 pm
VUDU wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:45 pm Why do you guys listen to the TV when it's so easy to get Joe Fisher?
Hard to sync.
OK, I get it. It doesn't bother me that the radio is ahead of TV, but I can see how it would bother some people.
Haptown
Lieutenant

Post by Haptown »

Hard to sync.
Rather than listen to the radio, I used the audio link from vucommodores.com to listen on my desktop. The audio feed is actually ahead of my cable TV feed, so all I have to do is pause the audio feed till it matches.

If you don't follow @MaxHerzTalks on Twitter, here is link to his latest podcast:

https://soundcloud.com/espnnashville/an ... maha-recap
MountainDore
Lieutenant

Post by MountainDore »

Haptown wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:19 pm
Hard to sync.
Rather than listen to the radio, I used the audio link from vucommodores.com to listen on my desktop. The audio feed is actually ahead of my cable TV feed, so all I have to do is pause the audio feed till it matches.
That’s my practice, but there’s a suggestion on another thread that you can get a feed from ESPN with either team’s radio announcers or no announcers at all- just game sounds. Going to check that out.
MountainDore
Lieutenant

Post by MountainDore »

Just checked it out, and there is a “game sounds only” feed on the WatchESPN app- click the ESPN3 feed of the game. No feed with radio announcers, though- think I misunderstood the post.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

Because Joe is insufferable when he doesn't have a color commentator. The sky is always about to fall, and I just can't listen to his fear-based commentary.
GooseJones15
Lieutenant

Post by GooseJones15 »

Imo the team of Destiny would be Michigan
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

We owe Michigan - I will never forget them knocking us out of the regional with a HR hit off Price.
Locked Previous topicNext topic