Infante

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Infante

Post by Ndorefin »

A quick count shows that next to Bleday, Infante has the highest batting average since the SEC tourney began. Bleday started that tourney with a 5 for 5 game and Is hitting .380. Infante has been consistent, getting a hit in every game except for the loss to Ind St, and is hitting .348. Duvall is next at .342. Martin was 1 for 12 in the first 3 games of the SEC tourney, but has followed those game since, hitting .400 for an overall .308 average. Clarke is on the bottom hitting .217.

As I stated, this was a quick count and if someone wants to check every game, you may arrive at different numbers, but I believe these are fairly accurate. We had only 5 hits against Louisville, but, fortunately, 2 were the homers by Martin, the second following an Infante double. We have certainly cooled since the post season began and if some of our hitters find their old form, we may be in decent shape.

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: Infante

Post by Titans309fan »

The question is whether Infante should be moved up in the lineup since he is hitting so well. Keeping him at the bottom isn't that bad since Martin and Bleday hit after him, setting up many RBI opportunities.
VandyFan888
Ensign

Post by VandyFan888 »

Absolutely no lineup changes at this point.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

VandyFan888 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:42 pm Absolutely no lineup changes at this point.
I agree with that.....as long as Infante is hitting 9th, he should have some good pitches to hit. No one wants to Walk him with Martin and Bleday coming up.....I believe this was Corbin’s thinking.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

Ndorefin wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:06 pm A quick count shows that next to Bleday, Infante has the highest batting average since the SEC tourney began. Bleday started that tourney with a 5 for 5 game and Is hitting .380. Infante has been consistent, getting a hit in every game except for the loss to Ind St, and is hitting .348. Duvall is next at .342. Martin was 1 for 12 in the first 3 games of the SEC tourney, but has followed those game since, hitting .400 for an overall .308 average. Clarke is on the bottom hitting .217.

As I stated, this was a quick count and if someone wants to check every game, you may arrive at different numbers, but I believe these are fairly accurate. We had only 5 hits against Louisville, but, fortunately, 2 were the homers by Martin, the second following an Infante double. We have certainly cooled since the post season began and if some of our hitters find their old form, we may be in decent shape.
We didn't lose to Indiana State. Did you mean Infante didn't get a hit in the loss to Duke?
DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

No better spot in the line-up.

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

I believe Infante sees better pitches to hit with Martin and Bleday behind him. They sure don't want to walk him. I believe Infante sees better pitches to hit with Martin and Bleday behind him. They sure don't want to walk him. And if men are on in front of him, would you rather pitch to him or the two All Americans right behind him?

What a great move by Corbin.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Oops....my bad! The loss was to Duke, not Ind. St., when Infante went hitless. Thanks for the correction.
Locked Previous topicNext topic