Auburn

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

Auburn

Post by admin »

I like Auburn. However, are they the sloppiest baseball team you've ever seen to make the CWS?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
historybill
Admiral

Re: Auburn

Post by historybill »

Wow. That was bad. The game was won and the shortstop made a horrible throw, missed the first baseman, cost Auburn the game.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Yep, State sucked that one out big time. Maybe they used up all their good fortune.
DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

So you wait for the guy running in front of you to get by so you can make a late throw to first?

TAG THE GUY!!!!
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

DeefromAtlanta wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:37 am So you wait for the guy running in front of you to get by so you can make a late throw to first?

TAG THE GUY!!!!
Yeah, the announcers tried to give all kinds of excuses as to why you don't want to tag the guy (risk of collision, dropping the ball, etc.), but what about risking obstruction and throwing it wild? Bottom line, AU should never have been in that spot and the game should have been over.
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

This is the same team that lost to LSU because the catcher could not find the ball and the 1B guy threw the ball in the third base dugout for a walk-off.
historybill
Admiral

Post by historybill »

I thought the same thing... why not just tag the guy who is running right by you?
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

historybill wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:36 am I thought the same thing... why not just tag the guy who is running right by you?
I guess it is force of habit. You just never see the tag when the throw to first or second is easy. He just took way too many steps before throwing it.
vufan1
Rear Admiral

Post by vufan1 »

Having two daughters that went to Auburn, and after having Auburn denied a win in the national semi-final basketball game by a blown call, that ending made me literally ill. The fact that it was against MSU and means we now have to face them again, also added to the angst.
KudzuLeague
Captain

Post by KudzuLeague »

It was brutal to watch that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic