Time to wack that dead horse! The Whistler has ended

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Matheta
Admiral

Time to wack that dead horse! The Whistler has ended

Post by Matheta »

All my enjoyment of the game!!

4timenatlchamps
Admiral

Re: Time to wack that dead horse! The Whistler has ended

Post by 4timenatlchamps »

You really got my hopes up with that title. I've had this thing muted since the top of the first and was hoping to be able to unmute.
vandybl
Commander

Post by vandybl »

I listened to the whole game on ESPN. Rarely heard the whistler and when I did it was very minor. My wife heard him once. No problem with me. Great win for Vandy boys. Fellows, Brown, Infante, Martin - lots of heroes. Get some more. Go Vandy!
Matheta
Admiral

Post by Matheta »

vandybl wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:35 pm I listened to the whole game on ESPN. Rarely heard the whistler and when I did it was very minor. My wife heard him once. No problem with me. Great win for Vandy boys. Fellows, Brown, Infante, Martin - lots of heroes. Get some more. Go Vandy!
Okay, have it your way. I watched on ESPN also, heard him A LOT
VandyFan888
Ensign

Post by VandyFan888 »

vandybl wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:35 pm I listened to the whole game on ESPN. Rarely heard the whistler and when I did it was very minor. My wife heard him once. No problem with me. Great win for Vandy boys. Fellows, Brown, Infante, Martin - lots of heroes. Get some more. Go Vandy!
I guess we've learned to tune him out because I didn't hear any whistles either.
Too many people obsess over this.
4timenatlchamps
Admiral

Post by 4timenatlchamps »

VandyFan888 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:01 pm
I guess we've learned to tune him out because I didn't hear any whistles either.
Too many people obsess over this.
It literally triggers my migraines. Like it literally does. Sorry if that makes me obsessive.
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

If I saw the newspaper article correctly today, the much more annoying of the two annoying whistlers won't make it to Omaha until close to the end of the tournament.

Did the 8-track tape player in his van break or something?
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I hate having to turn game on mute...really sad!! What attention seeking jerks these guys are! How many new fans will we get with this noise? How many potential fans turn off the game or don't come back for a game? All so these idiots can feel like rock stars with all the attention.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Locked Previous topicNext topic