Weather

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

OldDude
Vice Admiral

Weather

Post by OldDude »

Pouring now in Bellevue. Don't know about the rules as to scheduling, but this game could have been switched to this afternoon, in reasonable anticipation of this weather as predicted, and easily played . Of course the tv folks would have been upset and that is much more important than the kids who play the game , right? We may well, according to super regional rules, end up losing the one game played and sit home from Omaha.

By the way, can any of you more knowledgeable about the psyche of baseball players (which would be pretty much all) explain these horrible slow starts. We can't survive them consistently at this level of competition.

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: Weather

Post by Ndorefin »

That was probably the same cloud that came thruFranklin . It appears to be west of VU and moving NW. We may be able to start but I question whether we’ll be able to complete the game rain-free or delay.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

The rain should be clear before 8, though I don't know how much work it will take to get the field ready. The main worry is that storms may appear before the game ends.
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

I'm close to campus and it hasn't rained here yet.
accent grave over the e
Locked Previous topicNext topic