Davis, DeMarco & Gonzalez ?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Vandyfb1
Lieutenant

Davis, DeMarco & Gonzalez ?

Post by Vandyfb1 »

Forgive me if this is in another thread and I didn’t see it but what’s going on with these three guys? Are the hurt? If so how long will they be out?

egbertsouse
Captain

Re: Davis, DeMarco & Gonzalez ?

Post by egbertsouse »

Demarco has a hamstring issue.
accent grave over the e
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Having pulled a hamstring recently, he could be out a while. Mine was done over three weeks ago and I am still limping around. Of course I am 40 years older than he, but the point still holds.
I did not realize Gonzo was injured. What is wrong with him and with Cooper Davis.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

commadore wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:07 am Having pulled a hamstring recently, he could be out a while. Mine was done over three weeks ago and I am still limping around. Of course I am 40 years older than he, but the point still holds.
I did not realize Gonzo was injured. What is wrong with him and with Cooper Davis.
I believe that Gonzo was merely replaced by Ray (with Martin changing positions in the process). As I've stated before, I don't really agree with this move (Gonzo, in his brief playing time this year, seems to have improved his offensive production over last year), but I agree it's a close call, and understand that Coach Corbin sees them daily in practice and I don't. Davis is also hurt, but it was my understanding that his injury was less serious than DeMarco, and I think I remember he (Davis) pinch hit in the Ark series last week? Thomas has done well most of the time, but struggled at the plate last night. We (the fans) don't seem to get as much injury info as we used to. Assuming this is due in part to the health privacy laws?
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

If I remember correctly, Joe Fisher has said Copper Davis is dealing with a hip injury. It's my understanding he's available to pinch hit in the current series, as he did last Sunday against Arkansas.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

Good2BGold wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:18 pm If I remember correctly, Joe Fisher has said Copper Davis is dealing with a hip injury. It's my understanding he's available to pinch hit in the current series, as he did last Sunday against Arkansas.
I was told that Cooper has polydactyly (look it up 'cause I know you will) which effects his hip.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

vutrain wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:27 pm
Good2BGold wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:18 pm If I remember correctly, Joe Fisher has said Copper Davis is dealing with a hip injury. It's my understanding he's available to pinch hit in the current series, as he did last Sunday against Arkansas.
I was told that Cooper has polydactyly (look it up 'cause I know you will) which effects his hip.
If I understand you correctly, Cooper has twelve toes rather than ten. Is that right?
GooseJones15
Lieutenant

Post by GooseJones15 »

Cooper didn't make the trip to Alabama,replaced on the travel squad by Demarco
Locked Previous topicNext topic