This Week’s SEC Baseball Preview/Predictions & SEC Pitching Lineups

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

This Week’s SEC Baseball Preview/Predictions & SEC Pitching Lineups

Post by admin »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
admin
Site Admin

Re: This Week’s SEC Baseball Preview/Predictions & SEC Pitching Lineups

Post by admin »

I noticed that Raby is not listed as a starter. Sunday is "TBA". I think it makes since to give Mason Hickman a shot. He has pitched well for us. 61 Ks and only 11 walks. He throws strikes and doesn't mess around.
lidore12
Ensign

Post by lidore12 »

admin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:08 pm I noticed that Raby is not listed as a starter. Sunday is "TBA". I think it makes since to give Mason Hickman a shot. He has pitched well for us. 61 Ks and only 11 walks. He throws strikes and doesn't mess around.
Would Mason be ready to go on Sunday after pitching on Tuesday? I think he went 6 or 7 innings but may be wrong. I don't know how much rest a young guy like him would need. I know every game counts and the Sunday start could have the series on the line, but would it make more sense to run Raby out there Sunday and then use the next week where we have no mid-week game to reset the rotation?
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Does anyone think Raby has some type injury? He went from an .67 ERA to getting shelled two straight starts, to a tba. Does not sound good to me.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

lidore12 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:19 pm
admin wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:08 pm I noticed that Raby is not listed as a starter. Sunday is "TBA". I think it makes since to give Mason Hickman a shot. He has pitched well for us. 61 Ks and only 11 walks. He throws strikes and doesn't mess around.
Would Mason be ready to go on Sunday after pitching on Tuesday? I think he went 6 or 7 innings but may be wrong. I don't know how much rest a young guy like him would need. I know every game counts and the Sunday start could have the series on the line, but would it make more sense to run Raby out there Sunday and then use the next week where we have no mid-week game to reset the rotation?
That's a good question. He threw 101 pitches on Tuesday. I guess it depends on how his arm feels on Sunday morning. By the way, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic