Kyle Wright on the mound tonight vs. Marlins

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Kyle Wright on the mound tonight vs. Marlins

Post by Good2BGold »

For anyone interested, Kyle Wright is making his second start of the season tonight at home against the Marlins. The Braves broadcast of the game will be on Fox Sports Southeast, while the Marlins broadcast will be on Fox Sports Florida. First pitch is listed as 7:20 p.m. EDT.

lippy
Chief

Re: Kyle Wright on the mound tonight vs. Marlins

Post by lippy »

Looks great through two.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

The color commentator mentioned that Kyle came out of VU and that VU is "pitching rich." Chip Caray then said Kyle had worked out with Walker Buehler in the offseason and that Walker had helped him with his cutter. I guess that was in the pitching lab at VU. That is so cool.
lippy
Chief

Post by lippy »

Pitched a good game. Six innings, two earned, one walk. It fell apart for him a bit when McCann left the game. Hopefully his stint on the injured list will be short.

I watched a lot of MLB Network over the offseason, and I can vouch that Vandy and Corbin are household names in the baseball world, not just in Atlanta.

In other Vandy MLB news - Price got his fourth career hit and first ever RBI last night.
Locked Previous topicNext topic