Tickets for HOME games

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Versus75
Admiral

Tickets for HOME games

Post by Versus75 »

... are available in advance and at the Hawk.

The home season starts Wednesday at 4:30 pm CT versus Evansville.

All of the infield seating is sold out to season ticket holders but most of them cannot get to every game and there are usually a LOT of empty seats.

With that in mind, plan to go to the games without a ticket. You can look for someone giving away or selling a ticket at less than face value ... or buy an outfield seating ticket at the window.

I've been told that -- like last season -- fans with outfield tickets can pass through Memorial and the football causeway to enter the infield seating section. If you plop yourself down and the ticket holder shows up, just move to another empty seat. (I believe there are a few seats that do not qualify for drifters.)

This flexibility will help us fill the bowl and we will certainly look better on TV. The only bad news is that prices are up ($14*), but we will gladly pay more to see a winning team.

* Non-conference games, outfield reserved or general admission. I don't know if the price will be higher for conference foes. You could wait until the first pitch and buy a general admission infield ticket for $17, but why? The outfield reserved seat is $3 less, you don't have to wait for the game to start, and you can sit in the same seat.
Last edited by Versus75 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Versus75
Admiral

Re: Tickets for HOME games

Post by Versus75 »

Spoke with the VU Ticket Office again on Monday. A couple updates:

Outfield Season Tickets are no longer for sale, but single-session tickets will be available. I don't know how many have been kept available but demand was apparently quite high and the revenue will be greater from single-game sales than from selling a season ticket at $99 for 34 games.

10 of the home games are midweek (Tuesday/Wednesday) and outfield/general admission tickets for those games will be only $7.00

24 of the home games are Fri/Sat/Sun and the prices are still $14 and $17. I don't see SEC game tickets listed for sale as of yet; forgot to ask why that is.

~~~

I've got a friend from out of town who will be giving away tickets that he cannot use (more on that later). We need to try to get fans into those infield seats to support the players and to make the team look better in televised games.

If you have tickets you won't be using, post a note in the Vandymania Baseball Forum to sell or give away your extras. The Vanderbilt Ticket Office has made it easy to transfer tickets.
Locked Previous topicNext topic