TV/ESPN+?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

surlyrich
Petty Officer

TV/ESPN+?

Post by surlyrich »

Can't wait for baseball season. In the past, I've watched tons of Vandy baseball on ESPN3 streaming through Apple TV.

Does anyone have a handle on what the new SEC/ESPN contract means for viewing going forward. When it was announced, I got the impression that the world of ESPN3 SEC baseball might be changing into the ESPN+ pay for service.

Did others get that same impression or have more knowledge? Or is it too early to tell and we will see in February?

Thanks

commadore
Admiral

Re: TV/ESPN+?

Post by commadore »

The last game I tried to watch (women's) I could never get to come up. Ended up listening to radio. Hope this isn't the case for baseball.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

It seems as though College Baseball gets more favorable online coverage than Women's College Basketball.

I believe that last season, all the SEC games and non-conference home Baseball games were on ESPN3.com (aka watchESPN.com / ESPN app) or better -- ESPNU, ESPN2 or ESPN. Perhaps that will be the case this season as well.

We will have to check for video options at non-conference road games. An increasing number of Men's and Women's Basketball games are on ESPN+ (for a monthly fee). Maybe that's how one would get a game at MTSU, Western Kentucky, etc.
VandyPhile
Rear Admiral

Post by VandyPhile »

I’m sure ESPN would love to have a different subscription channel for each game.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

Chromecast is great for baseball seasons.....if youy can get the game on your computer or phone you can send it to the big TV with a press on the screen
Locked Previous topicNext topic