NBC Sports: "Watch Giants players hilariously fail spelling Mike Yastrzemski's name"

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Golddore68
Admiral

Re: NBC Sports: "Watch Giants players hilariously fail spelling Mike Yastrzemski's name"

Post by Golddore68 »

Have they never heard of Carl Yastzemski, his grandfather, who's a legend in major league baseball?
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Re: NBC Sports: "Watch Giants players hilariously fail spelling Mike Yastrzemski's name"

Post by VUaskew »

yes, but even in the days when I won the Mt. Juliet 6th grade spelling bee, I still would have been eliminated on that name, and I loved baseball!
DoreZag
Captain

Post by DoreZag »

Tyler Beede, of all people, looked like one of the guys who didn't get it right.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

Golddore68 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:05 am Have they never heard of Carl Yastzemski, his grandfather, who's a legend in major league baseball?
They must have HEARD of the guy often known simply as YAZ. But that doesn’t mean they can spell the name correctly. Even some long-time sports fans misspell that name.
:?
Locked Previous topicNext topic