Kennedy Cambridge Will Enter Portal

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Kennedy Cambridge Will Enter Portal

Post by MikeADore »

The portal opens March 14, and Kennedy, a freshman at Kentucky, has announced she plans to enter it. Here's my plan: She transfers to Vandy and plays with big sis Jordyn for a year, then little sis Jaloni joins her in '24.

My work is done.

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: Kennedy Cambridge Will Enter Portal

Post by charlestonalum »

I like the way you think!
Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

Post by Dore2Dore »

Saw that Jaloni working with Crystal Dangerfield - how much of a Uconn connection?? Some saying SCor LSU - hope is neither but playing for Dawn especially probably inviting though they seem stacked at PG; CSR should also be very inviting but dont know that Vandy has done enough yet or has the supporting players to warrant us as legit possibility; Jordyn seems to love it here though & CSR seems have good relationship with family sooo.... will remain hopeful till door closed.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Dore2Dore wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:48 am Saw that Jaloni working with Crystal Dangerfield - how much of a Uconn connection?? Some saying SCor LSU - hope is neither but playing for Dawn especially probably inviting though they seem stacked at PG; CSR should also be very inviting but dont know that Vandy has done enough yet or has the supporting players to warrant us as legit possibility; Jordyn seems to love it here though & CSR seems have good relationship with family sooo.... will remain hopeful till door closed.
I had no idea Dangerfield was working at Ensworth during her off season until I read something about it recently. Apparently she has been doing that for a few years.

Of all the top-tier programs in the running for Jaloni, UConn is the one I hear the least about. That's not unheard of, though. It's not unusual for Geno to lay the groundwork along the way then swoop in late and close the deal.

They already have two top-10 guards coming in next year (Ashlynn Shade and KK Arnold) and another committed for '24 (Allie Ziebell), so that's something to consider. Also, they have a highly rated wing player (Qadence Samuels) that could play out front coming in next year. In other words, they already have an embarrassment of riches at the guard position for the next couple years, though you could make a reasonable argument that Cambridge is the best of the lot.

I have no inside knowledge but can't shake the feeling that South Carolina and LSU are the leading candidates. I don't like either coach, but I certainly respect South Carolina's program more than the clown show going on at LSU.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

MikeADore wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:31 pm The portal opens March 14, and Kennedy, a freshman at Kentucky, has announced she plans to enter it. Here's my plan: She transfers to Vandy and plays with big sis Jordyn for a year, then little sis Jaloni joins her in '24.

My work is done.
So let it be written. So let it be done.
Locked Previous topicNext topic