Marnelle Garraud

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Marnelle Garraud

Post by MikeADore »

* She made four 3-pointers in the final 75 seconds of last night's game. That's amazing.
* She made seven 3-pointers (7 of 10) overall and scored 31 points.
* She leads the SEC in made 3-pointers with 54.
* She shoots 42.4 percent beyond the arc, which is excellent.

Both teams scored 34 points in the fourth quarter. It was wild and wooly and so much fun to watch.

Arkansas coach Mike Neighbors said after the game they spent all week preparing for a zone defense, and as far as he could remember, coach Ralph didn't play zone for a single possession. I was surprised, too. We had been playing a lot of zone to avoid foul trouble. I was worried how we could contain Arkansas' outside shooters with the zone. Coach Ralph had an obvious answer: Don't play zone.

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Marnelle Garraud

Post by MikeADore »

[tweet][/tweet]
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

CSR has the best attitude EVER.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Due to the run of bad luck, I was sure the next words in OP were either: (1) is out for the season with an injury, or (2) is in the transfer portal. It is a real relief to read some good news for a change. (I'm a pessimist by nature, so that doesn't help.)
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Marnelle had 20 points in the final 4:30 of the game. Truly remarkable performance.
Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

Post by Dore2Dore »

We are so fortunate to have CSR leading our team. I truly dont think we could have anyone better suited for the job - knowledge, competitiveness, compassion, mentor, etc. Am sure there are many programs that would love to steal her & I hope/pray that she & hubs are happy here for the long term. We are also blessed with a bunch of great kids/young ladies that are true collegiate/scholar athletes that will make a positive impression on our world. I have never been prouder to be a Vandy fan! Sure I hope they can win some but as the reward for Them for their hard work & perseverance. It was tough seeing that replay of the last 10 seconds so much on sports news & Facebook yesterday - felt so bad for the kids & coaches. We just have to be patient as is a difficult rebuild with the new transfer rules & NIL. ( Big blessing to have our 2 grad transfers) Vandy wont lower standards to take all comers & wont pay out big bucks to "buy" players. I wlll support them no matter what & br proud to do so!
Locked Previous topicNext topic