Why us?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Why us?

Post by VUaskew »

There HAS to be an answer for the spate of injuries that has inflicted this team in the last several years.
Is it something in strength and conditioning? Facilities?

I mean, how much of this can be attributed to horrible luck? If there is such a thing as karma, we are owed a decade of it.

Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

Re: Why us?

Post by Dore2Dore »

Agree; I questioned this few weeks ago; we supposedly have a top notch sports medicine program - looks like it could be figured out; I remember player - think Nettie R. - that had lot foot problems & they ended up getting specially made shoes for her; are we recruiting players susceptible to injury? I remember Pat Summitt used to have girls' "Q angle" checked during recruiting (as women have wider angle due to wider hips) but if too wide makes them more likely to have injuries; girls are more athletic now but we seem to have a way higher incidence of injuries. Needs to be figured out as injuries plus transfer portal is killing us year after year. B Alexander is helping Maryland a lot & was even voted a team captain. We have good coaches but we need players!
Locked Previous topicNext topic