Waiting for Ryanne Allen To Open Up Her Game

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Waiting for Ryanne Allen To Open Up Her Game

Post by MikeADore »

I really want to see Ryanne Allen blossom and become the scorer she can be. So far, she has that freshman thing going on where if she misses a couple shots, her game becomes small. In a way that’s good. You want a newcomer to be aware that she has teammates to answer to and can’t just walk in and do whatever she wants.

Still, there comes a time when, as a shooter, you need to set your conscience aside and just pull the trigger. If you’re open, shoot the ball. If you miss, load up and do it again. Don’t get shy about it. The coaches will let you know when to stop.

One of Allen’s problems right now is that she can’t really create her own shot on the wing. She has good size and strength and can shoot the ball, but quickness is not her biggest asset. Obviously, that means we have to run some sets designed to free her up. She is also proving to be a good scorer inside.

I’m just waiting on her to become a bit more aggressive about it. There are a few games coming up, including tonight, where she could do that.

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: Waiting for Ryanne Allen To Open Up Her Game

Post by Ndorefin »

Agree….I would like to see her become more aggressive on the boards. She will become a vital part of our program over the next few years!
Locked Previous topicNext topic