No Free TV for Cancun Tournament

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

No Free TV for Cancun Tournament

Post by MikeADore »

Looks like the games are only being televised by a subscription service, FloSports. Best I can tell, the service costs $29.99 for a month or $150 for a year. Last year's games in the Virgin Islands were carried on ESPN3, which is ESPN's digital network. Some games are being carried on ESPN3 this year, but not the Cancun tourney. Thursday's game will be on radio at 3 CST with the pre-game starting at 2:45. If I think of it, I'll post a link here when the pre-game starts.

[tweet][/tweet]

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: No Free TV for Cancun Tournament

Post by MikeADore »

Don't know what's going on with the times. Website still says game is at 3 CST, but the radio link says the pre-game starts at 5:15 CST. I can only believe there has been a change to 5:15 since Jake Lyman clearly said after the St. Joseph's game that pre-game would start at 2:45. All I know for sure is, it is not on the radio right now (2:50 CST).
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

24-40 1:43 2nd. Don't worry. We've got them right where we want them." (Gen. Custer quote as reported by Firesign Theater.)

They actually made a decent game of it, out-scoring #10 NCS in the 3rd & 4th. 82-73
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Ciaja Harbison with 34 points and six assists.
moxiedore92
Captain

Post by moxiedore92 »

Nice to see a competitive final score. Didn't see any of the game myself and I'm still having a hard time not thinking, "What if" about the three starters who are sitting on the bench with injuries. I know every team has to deal with that stuff, but as VU is still trying to rebuild the program, the margin for error is so much smaller than at the Top 10-15 programs. Still, I do believe things are headed in the right direction.
got moxie?
Locked Previous topicNext topic