Vanderbilt at Columbia, 11-13-22, 1 p.m. (ESPN+)

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Vanderbilt at Columbia, 11-13-22, 1 p.m. (ESPN+)

Post by MikeADore »

I really like this coach (Megan Griffith) a lot. I liked her going into the game and like her even more now. You're not going to get coach speak from her. She tells you what she thinks. At one point, a questioner obviously said something about scheduling an SEC team to help toughen her team for the season. He obviously was trying to give her an opportunity to rationalize/excuse the loss, but she wanted no part of it. She said something like, "Yeah, but this team is picked last in the SEC. We should beat this team."

In all honesty, she's right, which is what makes the win that much more satisfying. I've watched Columbia play several times the last couple seasons, and what we saw from them in the first five minutes or so when they jumped out to a 15-4 lead is much more characteristic of them than what we saw in the second half. The fact we found a way to beat them on the road speaks volumes about the character of our players and coaches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_lZsd3QakA

moxiedore92
Captain

Post by moxiedore92 »

Oh I love her!
got moxie?
moxiedore92
Captain

Post by moxiedore92 »

moxiedore92 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:47 pm Oh I love her!
NOT more than I love Vanderbilt's staff, don't get it twisted! SV#
got moxie?
Locked Previous topicNext topic