Kymora Johnson ('23) Gets Vandy Offer

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Kymora Johnson ('23) Gets Vandy Offer

Post by MikeADore »

Ranked #30 on ESPN Hoopgurlz. Plays summer ball for the West Virginia Thunder organization, which is loaded with major college prospects. Got the offer last week, following up on a 2020 offer from coach White.

[tweet][/tweet]

She's got a bit of clutch in her makeup.

[tweet][/tweet]

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Kymora Johnson ('23) Gets Vandy Offer

Post by MikeADore »

Baylor, Oregon and Maryland join Vandy with late-to-the-party offers in July. She already had a pretty solid list going back to 2020 including Michigan State, Ole Miss, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Xavier, Dayton Pitt, Seton Hall, Wake Forest, Clemson,, Marquette, Miami, Penn State, Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Michigan, Oklahoma State, Minnesota and Rutgers.

Some 2021 highlights:

https://youtu.be/JoXF88qR9mU
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

She's in Knoxville for a visit this weekend.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Kymora Johnson retweeted the message below from Khamil Pierre yesterday. No apparent connection between the two. One is from Virginia and plays summer ball for West Virginia Thunder, and the other is from Arizona and plays for Arizona Elite in the summer. I'm taking this re-tweet as a good sign, though it could be they're just acquaintances of some sort.

Johnson visited Tennessee the first week of August and was at Baylor on August 26. Not sure the re-tweet means anything in the long run, but she has a Vandy offer and is re-tweeting a message singing the praises of being part of the Vandy program after her Baylor visit. And, there was no personal message to Pierre in the re-tweet, which makes me less inclined to think they're friends. I choose to be optimistic.

As stated above, she's ranked #30 by ESPN Hoopgurlz.

[tweet][/tweet]
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

She's announcing her commitment Sunday. I've seen no evidence of a visit to Vandy, though there has been publicity about visits to Baylor and Virginia as well as an early-August unofficial visit to Tennessee. Vol fans say she stopped communicating with UT at some point, so it would seem they are out of the picture. Or, like me, Vol fans don't know what they're talking about.

She's a Charlottesville, Va. girl, so I wouldn't be shocked to see her stay close to home.

[tweet][/tweet]
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

She chose Virginia.
Locked Previous topicNext topic