Webb School Pair Visiting UT

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Webb School Pair Visiting UT

Post by MikeADore »

Looks like Vandy is not in on Del Rosario, according to this ESPN information: "Del Rosario's recruitment will narrow soon, but currently includes North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, LSU, Texas, Arizona, NC State, Texas A&M, Duke, Miami and Auburn."

[tweet][/tweet]

Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

Re: Webb School Pair Visiting UT

Post by Dore2Dore »

thx for info Mike; had hoped but we dont have the "cred" yet to really draw in these types; will have to prove our rise back toward elite - win more games, win the tight ones, win some we are not picked to win; till then - develop the heck out of what we have, get the kids that want to be here & want Vanderbilt ! BTW - surprised no Uconn on list nor Stanford.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Webb School Pair Visiting UT

Post by MikeADore »

Dore2Dore wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:07 pm thx for info Mike; had hoped but we dont have the "cred" yet to really draw in these types; will have to prove our rise back toward elite - win more games, win the tight ones, win some we are not picked to win; till then - develop the heck out of what we have, get the kids that want to be here & want Vanderbilt ! BTW - surprised no Uconn on list nor Stanford.
I think UConn and Stanford are pretty well loaded with size. Of the 10 players Stanford has returning, eight of them are 6'0 or more, including 6'4 star Cameron Brink who has three more seasons left if she uses the free year. Also, they have the number-one recruit in the country coming in this year, 6'7 Lauren Betts.

UConn has two front court players coming in this year, 6'3 Isuneh "Ice" Brady and 6'2 Ayanna Patterson. I watched Brady play alongside Del Rosario for the U18 FIBA squad a couple weeks ago, and she appears to be more advanced than Del Rosario in every way except height. While Patterson does not appear to be quite as skillful as Brady, she is an even more elite athlete who does have skills. In fact, she is rated #4 in the class by ESPN while Brady is ranked #5. Del Rosario is no slouch when it comes to ranking, listed at #8 for '23. Still, with the two posts coming in this year, UConn has concentrated on guards for the '23 class, signing Ashlynn Shade (#6), KK Arnold (#7) and, just last week, #35 Qadence Samuels.

From time to time, you read comments questioning Del Rosario's motor. I no longer pay attention to those opinions. If Dawn Staley thinks she can play for her, I think that answers any questions about her motor.

I'm not sure why Vandy doesn't seem to have been a factor in Del Rosario's recruitment. Anything I say would be a guess.
Locked Previous topicNext topic