SEC future skeds

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Blackgold4ever
Seaman Recruit

SEC future skeds

Post by Blackgold4ever »

Howdy - long time no post!

But I am intrigued about the recent SEC meeting. They made changes to the conference skeds when Texas and Oklahoma join the league with WBB having only one home and away per year with a rotating opponent. All other teams would be played just once a season. If what I think I read is correct that means no home/home with the team to the east. Am I losing it? :P

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: SEC future skeds

Post by MikeADore »

I wasn't even aware of the meeting, so thanks for the info. The scenario you mention makes sense unless the league wants to add a couple of conference games per year, and I don't get a sense that coaches are clamoring for that. Right now, we play three teams twice per year...the Vols every year and two others on a rotating basis. For instance, last year we played UT twice (like always) plus Kentucky and Alabama, who were the rotating opponents.

Personally, I'm fine with the idea of playing only one team twice per year on a rotating basis. That way we get to play each team at least once without expanding the conference schedule to 18 games. It's already pretty brutal at 16 games. I get no special joy in the matchup with UT, though I'm sure there are some fans who do.

Texas and Oklahoma are good programs. The conference is about to get even tougher.
Locked Previous topicNext topic