'Dores playing NOW in Bowling Final Four

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Versus75
Admiral

'Dores playing NOW in Bowling Final Four

Post by Versus75 »

Watch LIVE at this link: https://www.ncaa.com/event/4187?utm_cam ... -superpage

Audio and Video with a difficult-to-follow scoreboard superimposed on the screen. There is no play-by-play announcer. I can't find live stats. Anyone have a link to stats?

The Twitter feed has some news but is not very specific. It looks like we won Game 1, but I don't the format of the match.
https://twitter.com/VandyBowling

This is Day One / Round One of the double-elimination. We are playing Fairleigh Dickinson this morning. The next match is this afternoon. Bracket:
https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public- ... LUMBUS.pdf

Versus75
Admiral

Re: 'Dores playing NOW in Bowling Final Four

Post by Versus75 »

Don't know what this means, but ...

" matches will be decided by a 2-point mega match. One point will be awarded after a traditional game, another after a 5-game Baker set and, if the teams split points, a best-of-seven Baker to break the tie."

What is a MEGA MATCH?

Seems as though Vanderbilt has fallen behind, but can perhaps catch FDU in the Mega Match.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

Near as I can figure, the Dores are currently in a best of 7 that will decide the winner of the match.

Dores are down 2-1 and currently in a game 4 where both teams are struggling through the 4th frame.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

Now down 3-1 I think.

Fortunately, the bracket makes it look like the finals are double elimination, so even if we can't pull off the comeback, I think there may still be a chance?
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

Ummm ... what happens if they tie this best of 7 tiebreaker 3.5-3.5? Because the last game just ended in a 214-214 tie...
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

Looks like the Dores advance!!
Versus75
Admiral

Looks like we need a Timeout!

Post by Versus75 »

Vanderbilt lost one of those matches in which the scores of the 5 bowlers are added.

And in the game where they take turns bowling, SFA just scored about 279, including 6 straight strikes to start out. Is that a Double Turkey?

Twitter says SFA won the "traditional" (5 bowlers / 10 frames each) by 15. SFA 1-0.

Then SFA won the match with the Double Turkey by 83 pins! It looks as though several rounds like that will have scores accumulate. Need a BIG comeback!
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

I watched the match against Stephen F Austin, so far they are beating the pants off us. They hit way more strikes and less open frames. They bowled a 269 as a team against us
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

I only watched the SFA match, we blew so many games it wasn't even imaginable. 40-50 pin leads halfway through.
Versus75
Admiral

Loser's Bracket on Saturday morning ...

Post by Versus75 »

... started at 8am CDT.

This is the "5 bowlers and entire game each" round.

Vanderbilt versus McKendree. Loser goes home. Winner plays tonight at 7 CDT.

We are off to a good start. Not easy to keep up, however. The teams change lanes after every frame, but the scoreboards are static. The Vanderbilt score is on the right, regardless of whether our bowlers are on the right or the left.

The video is excellent, but I would like to see some kind of Match Recap scoreboard. Could superimpose it on the screen between the two scoreboards. When I come back to this in an hour, I would have no idea where the teams stand in the match.

And did you look at the "names" on the scoreboard? Vanderbilt players are AA, BB, CC, DD, EE. McKendree: A, B, C, D, E.

How about listing the uni numbers, NCAA?

As I am about to Submit this post: VU up by 36 pins after 5 frames.
Versus75
Admiral

Saturday am update

Post by Versus75 »

There IS now a recap scoreboard in the center. I e-mailed NCAASupport@turner.com 25 minutes ago and they already put in a fix. That is fast work!

Vanderbilt won the opener 983-932. A lot of bowling, probably counts as just 1 point.
Next, in the 5 bowler rotation, 'Dores won 245-217.

Up 2-0, but trailing in Game 3.
Versus75
Admiral

3rd Place

Post by Versus75 »

‘Dores up 2.0 at one point, but then McKendree got hot and one game was tied. Score was McK 3.5 - VU 2.5. We needed a win to force a triebreakef.

McKendree en fuego!

Started with 8 srikes; scored 265 pins to advance.
Locked Previous topicNext topic