UConn-NC St

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

UConn-NC St

Post by Dore2Dore »

May have been the best womens college basketball game I have ever seen.

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Re: UConn-NC St

Post by VandyWhit »

It was a doozy, all right!
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

Speaking of last night's games, Chelsie Hall was outstanding for Louisville. I'm happy for her. She put in four years of work for us, so it'd be hard to begrudge her grad transfer that has gotten her to the Final Four. On the one hand, she probably would have helped us this year, but if she had stayed, I'm not sure that Jordyn would have had the year she did. Assuming Jordyn stays, her experience this year will help us next year. So while it's debatable whether we would have had a better 2021-22 season if Chelsie had stayed, I feel pretty confident we'll be better off next year because she didn't (assuming, again, that Jordyn plays with us for another season).
Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

Post by Dore2Dore »

Good take Whit & agree; nice for Chelsea to have this opportunity as she persevered thru a lot here; she was a huge gift for Louisville; but am glad Jordyn got her opportunity here with CSR as well as underclassman development - we will be better off for it in long run; sure hoping Jordyn returns - think grad transfers have unlimited time to decide vs underclassmen (underclassmen in by May 1 to be eligible for next year & rosters set by Jul 1 except for Grads?)
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

As VU fans, I don’t see how we could begrudge any grad transfers, as long as they play out the year (unlike Alexander)! They are so limited in getting in to a VU grad program, even if there is one available to them…..the competition for those few spots are cutthroat. Jordyn was extremely fortunate to be admitted to her program!

On another note, I have wondered with so many outstanding players, what the hype was with Paige Bueckers, but she absolutely took over that game last night, in the second OT. Coming off her injuries, I must say I was very impressed!
Locked Previous topicNext topic