SEC Next Year

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Doubledore
Lieutenant

SEC Next Year

Post by Doubledore »

These are the teams hit hard by graduation and transfer: Kentucky, Missouri, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, TX A&M - yes but to a less degree- Miss St. and FL.

Virtually unaffected so far -Ark and Au. TN and SC should be top 2 ( if transfers for UT work out chemistry wise)

The transfer market may save some of these- I agree with whoever mentioned LSU and Ole Miss being the most likely beneficiaries in this area- I think it is harder to build right back with women’s teams bc they so heavily depend on relationships and chemistry so it can be tricky. Of course, the Freshmen can play a part.

The new coaching changes at Georgia and A&M most likely will be a wash. Change at MsSt is anybody’s guess.

Regardless, it looks like a great opportunity for VU to make a move up in the standings. That is good in itself but a positive upward move will help in recruiting.

All in all 2022-2023 should be interesting.

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Re: SEC Next Year

Post by VandyWhit »

Doubledore wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:18 pm These are the teams hit hard by graduation and transfer: Kentucky, Missouri, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, TX A&M - yes but to a less degree- Miss St. and FL.

Virtually unaffected so far -Ark and Au. TN and SC should be top 2 ( if transfers for UT work out chemistry wise)

The transfer market may save some of these- I agree with whoever mentioned LSU and Ole Miss being the most likely beneficiaries in this area- I think it is harder to build right back with women’s teams bc they so heavily depend on relationships and chemistry so it can be tricky. Of course, the Freshmen can play a part.

The new coaching changes at Georgia and A&M most likely will be a wash. Change at MsSt is anybody’s guess.

Regardless, it looks like a great opportunity for VU to make a move up in the standings. That is good in itself but a positive upward move will help in recruiting.

All in all 2022-2023 should be interesting.
Thanks for the overview. Depending on what happens in the off-season, I'm expecting us to move up the standings. At a minimum, I think we can get out of a Wed night SECT game. I think it's a bit early to expect to get out of a Thursday game, too, but squeezing into the upper half of the standings seems like a realistic expectation.
bornadore57
Lieutenant

Re: SEC Next Year

Post by bornadore57 »

It is just so hard to know what to expect at this point, especially in the "Transfer Portal Age." Lots of unknowns still exist. Will everyone - the current nine roster players and the incoming freshmen - report for the first practice? In the old days (not so long ago), we would answer that with "Yes!!" Now, we just don't know. Coupled with the unknown about our own team is the unknown about every other SEC team.

Having said that, I do believe that we are on an upward trajectory. This staff and the current players have shown tremendous improvement and have embraced a culture of success. I believe the future of Vandy basketball's women's program is bright.
Locked Previous topicNext topic