Brinea Alexander

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Brinea Alexander

Post by Ndorefin »

An interesting fact I just noticed is that Alexander has been omitted from every roster on vucommodores.com. Other transfers such as Love, Hall, Walker, Newby, etc. continue to be listed for the years they played. That had to be intentional and I don’t know who administers the site, so you can draw your own conclusions, but it’s obvious to me that the parting of the ways was not amicable. Personally, I feel like she quit on her teammates and their season may have been extended if she had played. Not a good look for her, but others gained some valuable experience in the WNIT.

Versus75
Admiral

Re: Brinea Alexander

Post by Versus75 »

You're probably reading too much into it.

Work on the website is sporadic; one can never tell if it is up to date. Could be someone on the WBB portion of the website is on the ball for a change.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Asha Taylor and Kiara Pearl were also removed from the roster prior to the NIT. I think they were just getting the roster correct before postseason started. I posted this a couple weeks ago:

"The Vandy website has cleaned up the official postseason roster, and we now have nine players with Alexander, Kiara Pearl and Asha Taylor no longer on the list."
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Does any one read a post before they comment??? It’s ridiculous!! She was removed from the roster for every year she played….2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21, and 2021-22! “Reading too much into it”…”on the ball”….it appears you didn’t even look at the rosters…what a lazy comment! Ok, Mike…they cleaned up the roster prior to the WNIT….why did they remove her from the 20-21 roster and leave Love, Newby, Golden and Bowman on the roster? For 19-20, they removed her and left Levy and the ones listed above (not Bowman) on the roster. C’mon guys….due a little research before you make stupid comments. Don’t you want to have a forum with discussion or are you too lazy to make legitimate comments, just to build your post count??? Alexander was left off all her prior year rosters for a reason….do you have any ideas why, when none of the other transfers were or are you going to pull a comment out of…well, you know where!
Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

Post by Dore2Dore »

I dont know all the ins outs of vucommodores but when I looked at "History/Fact Book" she is listed on various items: All Time Roster, State By State Roster, SEc All Freshman Roster, Yearly Results Roster etc; I personally choose to simply move on & hope she makes wise decisions for her short & long term futures. The unknown issues are between her & the coaches & her teammates. Coach Ralph said they were supporting her. Why she chose not to participate in NIT is also between them - there may have been a very good reason - or not. I am excited for the future with our existing team, newcomers, & future newcomers with this coaching staff.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

KUMBAYA for all you good hearted fellow fans on this board….you are just sweet people!! No one has disputed anything I have posted on this subject and if you think it’s not worthy of discussion, why post anything in response?
Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

Post by Dore2Dore »

Ndorefin - always enjoy your posts & appreciate your insights; I have no idea why what u discovered happened - we will never know I imagine; but she is gone & we go on; agree success may have been enhanced with her participation & also agree some underclassmen got valuable experience due to her absence; It is what it is.... I wonder when we will know if Jordyn is indeed coming back??? I hope so - her leadership is invaluable for bringing along the younger ladies. I only posted that I did find her listed on several items in the History section. Take care - keep posting. Thx
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

Curiosity got the better of me, so I poked around. Get a cup of coffee now, this is long!

Ndorefin is correct in saying that Brinae Alexander not only doesn't appear on the 2021-2022 roster, but also not on the roster for preceding years. You can verify this yourself. Go to the roster page of vucommodore.com

https://vucommodores.com/sports/wbball/ ... n/2021-22/

. . . you'll see she's not there (as MikeADore pointed out, this in and of itself isn't weird, just cleanup for the postseason seems likely).

BUT if you click on the little box on the right just above the thick black line with the column headings, you can easily navigate to previous years rosters, and you'll see Brinae isn't 2020-2021, 2019-2020, or 2018-2019, where you'd expect to see her.

Alternatively, you can go to the Archive Link on the History tab . . .

https://vucommodores.com/womens-basketball-archives/

. . . and check the rosters for each of those years, and again, no Brinae.

However, as NDorefin correctly said, if you look at the 2020-2021 roster, for example, you can see that Koi Love, Chelsea Hall, Autumn Newby, Kyndall Goldman -- all players who left with remaining eligibility -- ARE on the roster, while Brinae is not.

Further, names on the roster include links to the player's bio. For example, here are Bella LaChance's bios for 2020-2021 and 2021-2022:

https://vucommodores.com/sports/wbball/ ... -lachance/

https://vucommodores.com/sports/wbball/ ... -lachance/

You can directly access other players' bios by substituting their name, no caps with a hyphen between first and last name, at the end of the address. That works for other players, including departed players like Koi Love, Chelsea Hall, Autumn Newby, etc., but not for Brinae.

I assume that's what NDorefin meant in his original post. It's like she's been erased, not only from this year's roster, but from history as well.

(As Dore-2-Dore correctly pointed out, she's still in the Fact Book, but that's a different kettle of fish, given that it's a PDF, which is static, making it much more complicated to edit than the yearly rosters, so I don't think it's depositive one way or the other.)

So, is that the end of it? I don't think so.

The SEC website still shows the Vanderbilt roster at the beginning of the season:

https://www.secsports.com/roster/womens ... commodores

It shows not only the 9 players currently on vucommodores.com but all 14 players we thought we had going into the season, including Brylee Bartram, Asha Taylor, Khaniah Gardner, Kiara Pearl, as well as Brinae Alexander.

Of those five "disappeared" players, three of them -- Bartram, Pearl, and of course Alexander -- were on the team last year, as verified on the 2020-2021 roster listed in the Fact Book.

But if you check the 2020-2021 roster via the link on the roster page of vucommodores.com, none of them are listed. Not only is Alexander missing, but Bartram and Pearl as well.

That suggests to me that there wasn't anything nefarious in Alexander's disappearance. Possibly there might been hard feelings about Bartram's mid-season departure, but given that injuries forced Pearl's retirement from basketball, I can't see any reason why there would be hard feelings about her leaving the team.

Given that, I think that Brinae's erasure from history is more likely an unintentional mistake by whoever updated the website in preparation for the post-season. If so, it would explain why the players who left the program before the 2021-2022 season weren't disappeared from history -- i.e., that whoever did the roster updated for 2021-2022 did it correctly, unlike the postseason update.

As far as I'm concerned, unless somebody finds a mistake in my "research", this settles it. Everybody's right! NDorefin is correct that Brinae has been mysteriously disappeared from Vanderbilt roster history, and others are right that it could well be related simply to glitches in website maintenance.

And with that, I'm (finally) done!
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Thank you Dore2Dore and VandyWhit!! I’m wish I had never brought it up…..I’m getting even more cranky in my old age!⚓️
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

Ndorefin wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:59 am Thank you Dore2Dore and VandyWhit!! I’m wish I had never brought it up…..I’m getting even more cranky in my old age!⚓️
I know how you feel! :lol:
Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

Post by Dore2Dore »

we all love Vandy athletics & u all are much more tech savvy than I; utmost respect for u all
Locked Previous topicNext topic