Missouri

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Missouri

Post by MikeADore »

It's no secret we are offensively challenged. Missouri is not. Consider:

Points Per Game
Missouri 74, fourth in the SEC
Vandy 64, last in the SEC

Shooting Percentage
Missouri 47, first in the SEC
Vandy 40, 13th in the SEC

Three Point Shooting Percentage
Missouri 39, second in the SEC
Vandy 33, sixth in the SEC

The Tigers are definitely perimeter oriented, but they do have Aijha Blackwell, who leads the SEC in rebounding with 13-plus per game. She's only 6'0 tall but athletic and plays hard. She was just named SEC Player of the week for the second time this season.

Ladazhia Williams, a 6'4, 5th-year senior who transferred from South Carolina, averages 15 ppg.

Other than that, they run a platoon of outstanding shooters at you led by 6'0 junior Hayley Frank who scores 16 ppg and hits 55% of her shots.

It won't be easy to stop all this, but I actually believe we can turn them over some. More important is to make them shoot under pressure. If we allow them to get comfortable in their half-court offense and shoot in rhythm, we're dead in the water. It will take a similar defensive effort to what we saw against Arkansas, but it's not impossible to do.

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: Missouri

Post by Go Vandy! »

So should i not watch the game? Problem is, i can't help but. Good chance i'll say some words-you're-not-supposed-to-say, but that just goes with being a Vandy fan.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Go Vandy! wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:57 am So should i not watch the game? Problem is, i can't help but. Good chance i'll say some words-you're-not-supposed-to-say, but that just goes with being a Vandy fan.
Ha! All I can tell you is this team beat South Carolina when several ranked teams couldn't do it, and they lost in overtime at LSU right before we played them, plus they lost at Baylor by two. If we stay anywhere in the general vicinity with them, it will be an accomplishment. I think it's possible with a great defensive effort, but I can't really expect it. We're quite a lot better than when the season started, but the truth is, we're still not a very good team. We do on occasion play like one. Hopefully, this will be one of those.

Good luck. Maybe keep a swear jar nearby. :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, MikeADore.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
VandyDan78
Captain

Post by VandyDan78 »

Just arrived to see Jordyn in practice pants. Looks like she is out for this game. It will be hard to win without her…
SV#
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

Go Vandy! wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:57 am So should i not watch the game? Problem is, i can't help but. Good chance i'll say some words-you're-not-supposed-to-say, but that just goes with being a Vandy fan.
I saw watch it or listen, so that sometime in the future you'll be able to look back and say, yep, I remember those days, so much better now!
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

VandyDan78 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:48 pm Just arrived to see Jordyn in practice pants. Looks like she is out for this game. It will be hard to win without her…
Uh-oh. Thanks for the heads up!
Locked Previous topicNext topic