Vanderbilt at Mississippi State, 1-9-22, 2 p.m.

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: Vanderbilt at Mississippi State, 1-9-22, 2 p.m.

Post by Ndorefin »

HuskyT wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:41 pm Speed kills and without a rim protector as a final wall of defense Vandy got out quicked. I really like this team. It proves that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I said in an earlier post expect this team to lose close games, but expect them to scrap and fight. I have some good news. I heard that Aaliyah Del Rosario wants to go to a school with a good engineering department. Do you guys happen to know of such a school?
The Ms St player (Anastasia Hayes) is outstanding with the ball in her hands. She was a top 10 player in high school and originally went to Tennessee until something happened and she left. She transferred to MTSU where she average 25+ ppg, last year before transferring with her sister to Ms St for this year. Interestingly, there was no mention of her playing at UT. She bounced around in high school, as well. She is only 5’7”, so I was disappointed coaches didn’t develop a plan to stop her from driving thru our zone.

It’s great to know Del Rosario is interested in Engineering, as I would put our department against anyone. I personally know many of our former players (mostly male) that studied engineering and had an extremely successful career! Our own Perry Wallace graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering, went on to Harvard Law School and taught law until he retired!

Locked Previous topicNext topic