"All 12 active members"

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VandyWhit
Site Admin

"All 12 active members"

Post by VandyWhit »

A tweet from VandyWBB this morning says, "For the first time this season, all 𝟏𝟐 active members for Vandy scored last night." I'm not sure precisely what "active members" means, but it seems safe to assume that we should not expect to see Khaniah Gardner or Kiara Pearl on the court any time soon.

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: "All 12 active members"

Post by MikeADore »

I wonder if Pearl has had a setback with her knee. She was around the team and in photos early in the preseason, then she seemed to just vanish. I don't want to start any rumor about her since I truly just don't know. Coach Ralph did say at some point early on that there were some injury issues cropping up but seemed to indicate there were not considered serious. I've been fond of Kiara since the day she got here, so I hope she is or will be OK.

I also don't know a thing about Gardner except that she always seemed like a red-shirt candidate based on the tiny bit of film I saw of her. Very athletic but could use some honing of her skills.

Also, to be honest, whoever does the game stories for the website does not seem to have a deep connection to the game. Could be that phrase "active members" just means what she saw on the scoresheet.

ETA: Coach Ralph did mention in her remarks that it was "nice to see all 12 players get to play." The phrasing does lead me to believe that's everyone we have.
Locked Previous topicNext topic